Thunder and lightning....


24th July 2019 (Wednesday)     09.30 ....  After the thunder, lightning and
The Beacon (Earlsferry) this evening.
torrential downpour, everything is looking pristine this morning;  in fact I feel pristine and ‘frisky as a Spring lamb’.    The sky is still heavily overcast and we could get a few showers, but it should be all summery in the afternoon.    It has to be as I want to get out on the bike sometime today!    
With the weather being somewhat inclement at 05.00 I went back to bed and had a good old sleep in:  hence the fresh and frisky ‘me’.  

13.30     We have another hot day.... probably not quite as hot as yesterday with the early morning thunder cooling the air down a bit.    I took the car up to Colinsburgh for fuel before going for morning coffee at Harbour House.    Go up to Chapel Green in the afternoon.... could be too hot to venture as far as Balcarres.    It is forecast to be
Busy beach.
hotter tomorrow .... with another  yellow warning for overnight/early morning thunder Thursday/Friday.   It is a better day for moving between Ivy and the Hutte.... this can be done, carrying a mug of tea, ‘nae bother’.... and before the tea has evaporated!



20.00    Thankfully this is the last week of ‘le Tour’.... I’m absolutely shattered bikin’ in this heat.    Today was another mountain stage, as is tomorrow:   the scenic shots from the helicopter are amazing.... I wish Maggie and I had been able to visit Europe more.   We were lucky enough to manage a couple of visits before Maggie’s "nae weelness", and I’m thankful for that.   ‘Le Tour’ takes me ‘round’ France on my own.... so I’m happy with that too.
West end of Links Road, Earlsferry.
It’s a lovely evening so I went up to Chapel green on the bike.... then to the Pony Field.    The beach was busy... as was the golf course:  it is that kind of evening.   I saw on the weather forecast that the record high for the UK could be broken tomorrow....  down in the southeast.    That includes ‘sunny Sussex!’   We are forecast to get 29c .... the southeast 39c.    I couldn’t move in that (39c):  I’d sit in The Hutte, drinking tea, and water, doing Soduko’s....  which is ‘iggzactly’ what I’ll do in 29c!   I haven’t got a plan for tomorrow apart from stay cool.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....