Bright and breezy ....


18th July 2019 (Thursday)     07.00.... it’s ‘sunny spells with a brisk breeze’
Lovely morning.
for the Centre of the Universe this morning, and there’s the chance of the odd light shower;   a nice morning for getting things done.    ‘Playing’ is included in the ‘getting things done’ category, so enjoy your ‘today’.    I have the seeds of a ‘plan’ but I need another cuppa,.... and some thinking time.
‘Sea Cloud’ (the tall mast cruise ship) is berthed in Aberdeen;  having sailed up overnight, because when I checked last night she was still in Newhaven harbour.
 20.00    ‘The Boy’ has been a busy one;   the only time ‘off time’ I had today was when I went for morning coffee in Harbour House.    There was only Geoff and me this morning;  Myra is on holiday having a short break, and George is ‘in love’.    I came home by way of Elie Estate, browsed the photographs I’d taken, had a ‘lite bite’ lunch
Kinneuchar kirk tower.
the sorted out book shelves etc for the Hutte.    In between working in the Hutte I watched the first and the last half hour, of Stage 11 of le Tour, with occasional quick checks to see what was happening in between.



I found one large spider guarding her cocoon of eggs in a corner of the Hutte..... and the skin of her mate, who she’d eaten by way of sucking his innards out.    The strange thing is the cocoon,  bits of grass and stuff has been used to make this cocoon.   I’ve never seen that before.   I know Ivy garden is wild .... well the back bit is, but I didn’t this the wildness had moved into the Hutte.

The large oil tanker, ‘Nautilus’, that had been waiting for 10 days or so to get into
It's the poppies and ox-eyed daisies season.
Hound Point has done that:  ‘Nautilus’ left Hound Point, and the Firth, today to sail to Ningpo in China.   I am going to follow her through to her destination;  though there are bits where she will be out of range of land based transmitters.  
 
We’ve had another lovely day... apart from catching the edge of a couple of light showers in the afternoon.   Tomorrow is going to be another nice day, though there’s an increased chance of showers.   I’m going out early, then I hope to finish tidying the Hutte.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....