Quiet but exhilarating morrrrrrrrning ....


7th July 2019 (Sunday)       06.30 .... although mostly overcast, the sun is
Sky clearing from the north.
trying hard to break through;    I think we could have a nice enough day.    There is a light northerly breeze .... a good walking/biking run round the village before breakfast kind of morning.



09.30    When the sun is behind a cloud there’s a chilly feel to the air;  almost a wintry feel.     That said it was overcast when I was out, but I could see that it was clearing from the north:   the sky has brightened up since then, but the cool air from the north remains.    It should be a nice day behind a wind break.   I know all this because I’ve been round the villages .... and I had to put on my gloves.   Of course with this bike there’s a wind chill factor to consider, brought on by the speed of travel.    Anyway everything seems to be in their right places, though the burnt seats on the Breakwater are a different shape.   
Interesting sky over Elie harbour.
The sky was interesting this morning.... plenty of ‘action’, albeit slow action (the kind I like) and the light was ever changing and had me in a state of exhilaration.     Yes that’s a good word to describe how I felt... and still feel this morning.   Now I must go and do some tidying up in the Hutte and surrounding area.  


12.30     I’ve come to the conclusion that there are insects living in Ivy garden that even David Attenborough has yet to see.    Chewing, biting things;  basically the life support system for a set o’ sharp teeth.     They bite and chew everything .... except weeds.    Talking .... writing about weeds:  Maggie went through an ornamental grasses phase, and said grasses have, as is their wont, spread ... well... like grass.   Unfortunately the seed heads of grass not only look bonnie, they are also extremely functional.    Having said that Alpine  strawberry plants are fairly
Busy sky over Kincraig.
good at spreading too.    From the original six plants (my idea this time) they have spread to every corner of the garden.    I’m weeding them out.    Oh .... I’ve been working in the garden bit around The Hutte.... I want that bit, and the front garden to look .... sort of garden like.    I have a funny feeling that I may be tired tonight.



19.30    I am ever so slightly frustrated with 'me';   Why? .... because I missed the kirk ‘Picnic on the Green’ today:  picnics = food.    After I got started on the garden I got keen ... well fairly keen.    I’d forgotten it was Sunday;  all I knew was, that it was daylight and I do things when it’s daylight.    At least I can say that I did do a decent amount of gardening today;  no doubt I will be stiff tomorrow morning.   Imagine me missing out on a picnic?     Not long ago I bought a watch that has the day and day displayed on:  all I have to do is check it now and again.   Oh ... when I’m on the computer in the morning I know the day and date.... unfortunately, a few minutes after I come off the computer I’m ‘somewhere else on Planet Owlbert’ .... and .... Planet Owlbert is a busy, and ... er ... slightly disorganised, planet.

.... and over Earlsferry.
George dropped in this afternoon;   which was handy because I’d dropped off in the Hutte, and  was in much need of a reviving cuppa.     We discussed our ailments, and the ailments I will have tomorrow after today’s efforts:  and other important issues too.   After George left I had another short but highly active spell of weed removal..... this was followed by another cuppa.    Then dinner.


No ‘plan’ for tomorrow, though I will do some work around the Hutte;  the forecast is ‘nae bad’ for tomorrow, but a bit iffy for Tuesday.   I suppose it all depends on how stiff I am.    I’ll begin my day with a run out on the bike.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....