Maggie's Birthday .......


5th July 2019 (Friday)      05.30 ..... Maggie would have been 78 .... ooops ...
Kinneuchar KIrk.
’32 and a bit’ today... so “Happy Birthday” to ‘The Boss’.    I’ll do a quick ‘ooverin and dustin’ sometime today!     Oops again;   I’ve just had a ‘subtle message’:   I will be doing a proper ‘ooverin’ and dustin’ and it won’t be ‘sometime’;  it will be as soon as I get back from ‘playing’.
We have a quiet start to the day (right now I’m having a cuppa before going out);   the sky is mostly overcast and there's  a light wind;  I think that is how is going to be most of the time, though the sun should break through to give a some decent sunny spells.

09.00    It is a bonnie morning;  I know this because I have been round the villages, and up to Kinneuchar via Balbuthie on the bike.... and taken a few photos on the way.    
The harbour.
It’s been an enjoyable morning.   Now I had better do some ‘ousework, before going for the paper.   The ‘plan’ is to tidy up the Hutte  in the morning (after morning coffee), have a ‘lite bite’ lunch , then have coffee on the Boss’s seat in the afternoon.   Yes .... that looks like an achievable plan... and one with not too much work in it.


20.30    It has been a nice enough day, though the spell of rain in the afternoon was disappointing.    I did notice the clouds coming in when I went up to Chapel Green to have coffee with ‘The Boss’.... but I didn’t stay very long because the rain wasn’t far off.... and the temperature had dropped a bit.   I did get back to Ivy about half an hour before it started to rain.     Anyway it (the rain) has
South Street - Elie.
passed over and we have a bonnie evening.


My morning had been taken up with going to Elie for the paper ....  and having coffee in Harbour House with Geoff and George.    Back at Ivy I nearly did some ‘work’ but managed to convince myself that it could be done later.     I had lunch instead.    Later, while I was doing some work in  the Hutte, I realised that the sky was darkening, so I shot up to Chapel Green to  reminisce;  and get some instructions.   It will be ten years next month since Maggie died;  how time flies right enough.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....