Peaceful morning ....


12th July 2019 (Friday)       08.00 ...... We’ve had a couple of short sharp
Chapel Green, Earlsferry from The Terrace, Elie.
showers since 05.30;   at the present time the sky is mostly overcast with the threat of further showers so I haven’t been out yet.  The sun is trying hard to break through, and when it does we should get a few long sunny spells, though showers, some heavy and thundery could build up in the afternoon.    Hmmmmm .... could be some interesting clouds.     Must go ... slight flap on .... need  food:  been on the go for a couple of hours and all I’ve had is a couple of mugs o’ tea.


17.30     My word .... this heat:  it was 23c in the garden this afternoon.    This is more like the summer weather we need.    Showers have been bumbling along the south of the Firth, missing us.   We’ve been, hot,humid... and dry.
I went along to Elie on the bike in the middle of the morning, not my favourite time for being out at this time of year with the roads being busy.    I enjoyed ‘mc’ with George, Geoff and Frazer (the Joiner).    Frazer had been working at the Toll Green getting it set up for the ‘Fayre Day’.... which is tomorrow afternoon.    I will go to the ‘Fayre’ ....
The '95' bus!
depending on how the weather is.    Hopefully any showers going (and showers are forecast) will once again be to the North, South, East and West of us.   If  the weather is amenable, I’ll need to take Maggie’s bike as it has pannier bags;  and I want to buy a couple of calendars.   The 2020 ‘Elie and Earlsferry’ calendar is being ‘launched’ at the Fayre.



19.30     Oh .... I planned to go up to Chapel Green this evening, but we caught the very edge, of what must have been a heavy shower at Leven.     The rain has petered out, and is clearing away but the bike has been locked up for the night now .... ‘we’ might get out early in the morning though.
I spent a bit of the afternoon sorting out pencils and drawing stuff in the Hutte... fitting
Elie High Street.
in a cat-nap at the hottest part of the afternoon.    I think tomorrow is going to be much like today... hot, with the chance of heavy showers building up in the afternoon.    I must remember to use the sun cream.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....