Balmy, misty morning ....


17th July 2019 (Wednesday)     06.30 .....  we have a balmy',  
Peaceful morning.
misty start to the day,  and, already the air feels warm.    I don’t think its forecast to be as warm as yesterday, and there is the chance of light showers in the afternoon.    I’m feeling frisky ... no .... I’m feeling ‘ferociously  frisky’ this morning,  (even was singing(?) in the shower) though I expect that will wear off by the time I’ve biked round the villages.    I'll clarify that ;  I won’t actually be singing(?) my way round the villages.... just bikin’.


06.40    Well I got a surprise when I went out to get the bike;   we have slightly heavier mist.... there’s spits and spots of rain.    The first thing to do in such surprising situation is ... yep ... put the kettle ‘on’.   Biking has been put on ‘hold’ until I see how
Grangehill - Earlsferry.
the weather goes.



09.30    The spits and spots of rain never came to anything so I went out on the bike 15 minutes after the 06.40 update .... and after my second cuppa of the morning.   It’s a quiet and peaceful morning;  except for Ferry Road;  it’s full of vehicles as the rush is on to get ‘The Little Cottage’ (formerly Margaret Dunsire’s ‘Selina Cottage’... and other names after Margaret died) by Friday.   The furniture van is there now so that’s a sign that things are ‘on track’.   Anyway ... where was I?    Oh aye.... I went out on the bike, but only round ‘The Ferry’ but by way of meandering.   I fair enjoyed myself.

I am wondering;   what ‘The Little Cottage’ will be called now?    It ain’t a little cottage anymore!    Oh .... the furniture van didn’t stay long... I saw it outside  Barnett’s the bakers when we were having coffee in Harbour House.

19.00      It has been warm today, but we’ve had light rain on and off most of the
The fourth fairway.
afternoon.   I went to Leven to visit Jim, and did a wee shopping when there.    The roads were busy;   it is holiday time so I should have expected that.    Jim was fine this afternoon, we sat in the quiet lounge and chatted, about kirk things mostly,.... and what’s going on at home in Elie and Earlsferry.    I’d been with Jim 50 minutes when I remembered that I had some frozen stuff in the car boot so had to go.   When I got back to Ferry Road it was lined with work vans.... normal sized ones.


It’s going to be breezier tomorrow, but mostly dry .... and warm.    I’ll go out early then potter around Ivy in the afternoon.     I won’t need to go shopping again this week but I might visit Jim.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....