Quiet morning .....


13th July 2019 (Saturday)       06.00 .... setting aside the sounds of early
Quiet but damp morning.
morning workers  we have q quiet sort of ‘waiting for something’ start to the day.     With an overcast sky, hardly a breath of a breeze, the sun trying to break through, but only in a half hearted kind of way ....  I’m wondering what I’m doing out of bed at this time!      That said, the sun should burn the cloud off and the villages be buzzin’ by mid morning.... this is a ‘change over’ day for holiday makers.   I’d better get out on the bike soon to miss the traffic;  
but everything is damp just now because we get spells of light Scotch mist drifting by.    I'll have an early breakfast.


08.30     Welllll .... I ventured out on the bike but only managed to do the Chapel Green bit of the ‘Villages Run’ before Scotch Mist came over, so I’m ensconced in Ivy until later in the morning.    The Scotch Mist isn’t heavy but it is wet!


Princess Heidi.
17.00     We have had a cracker of a day;   there was a slight threat of a shower about 13.00 but it never came to anything apart from a few spots.   It was a perfect afternoon ..... which  brought a lot of happy people out to enjoy the ‘Fayre’ in warm sunshine.     I bought some goodies, but missed out on a Monica gingerbread.    The 2020 calendars were on sale;  I bought two so the troops know what they will be getting for Christmas.


I’ve been out three times on the bike today so I must remember to charge up the battery for tomorrow.    The villages are busy ... with holiday makers;   and day trippers.      Strangely enough I managed to run the gauntlet of Links Place four times today nae bother;   giving way to cars where I could, and them giving way to me where I couldn’t.    All was good.   Travelling East I nip down to The Breakwater, then along South Street and The Terrace.   On the way home I do Bank Street.


20.00     I’m tired tonight though I don’t know why.... because I haven’t done any real
Welll now ... look who we have here!
work;   only pottered about in between watching ‘the Tour’.    We had another exciting finish after an undulating course with 6 climbs in it.    Oh .... that’s why I’m tired! Tomorrow is forecast to be another warm day.... cloudy early but sunny and warm by mid morning.... and showers are not mentioned.    All three batteries, the bike the camera and mine, are fully charged.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....