Early rain ... sunny spells later


20th July 2019 (Saturday)      07.30.... We have had a lot of rain overnight,
At the Cockstail rocks this morning.
and, even though the sun is trying hard to break through the clouds,  (a bit of blue sky has been seen) it looks like more rain is on the way.   Though it is dry right now, the ‘yellow’ warning for heavy downpours is ‘active’ until midday, .... with sunny spells now and again.   The bike stays where it is just now;  and it looks like I might have to have a mug of the ‘Ivy Finest Blend’ at 10.00.    I might go the beach after this update.


07.40     Going to the beach has been postponed;   it's raining.... and of the heavy showers mentioned in the weather forecast by the look of it.    Never mind it could be followed by a long sunny spell!   

12.30     I did get the bike out, but I never reached Harbour House.    When I went onto the street and saw the clouds I was  instantly ‘diverted’ from going for coffee.    I scuttled up to the Pony Field to grab a few photos of the aforementioned clouds.   
Heavy shower clouds over Kincraig Cliffs - Earlsferry.
From the Pony Field I just had to go to Chapel Green to get some Kincraig cliff pictures.... keeping a weather eye on how close the clouds were getting.     I was back in Ivy before we caught the corner of a fairly heavy shower.




Oh .... I have my viewing set up perfectly now.    Michael (Sussex but he’s in Somerset just now) phoned to tell me how to set up the Skygo app.   That was done in about three minutes and  I now have ‘le Tour’ on the tele, and the golf on the laptop so I can keep an eye on both.    Actually it took about 45 minutes owing to the fact that I clicked on the ‘Download’ button five times and five Skygo apps downloading at the same time.   It was a daudle, and only took three minutes, when I eventually saw what was going on.


21.30     It has been a lovely day;  I know we caught the edge of a shower, but, my word
It was a day for the beach.
we had some crackers of clouds.     I’ve had a braw day:   pottering about in Ivy, and keeping an eye on the golf, and  The Tour de France.   Both events involved bonnie scenery, though I have to say that the cycling was the most dramatic... and tiring.   Today’s stage (14) had two climbs:  the first one was reasonable, the second one the Col du Tourmalet was fearsome;  19 kilometres of climbing with the end of the Stage at the top of the climb.... the last 300 metres being like a ski jump.   The grass must have been really green at the other side of that mountain for them to build a road right over the top of it.  No wonder I’m tired.   Stage 15 (tomorrow) is another one involving two climbs (we’re in the Pyrenees) with Monday being a rest day.     The golf was mair relaxing to watch, though maybe not so relaxing for the players.   It should be an interesting day tomorrow.   I must go out on the bike early tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....