Light mist ....


16th July 2019 (Tuesday)     06.00    There’s a touch of early morning mist
Kinneuchar loch and kirk.
about, but the sun will shift that, and we should have a ‘warm with long sunny spells’ kind of day.    However, the light breeze we have is from the southwest heralding a change to slightly more unsettled weather.    I’m having a cuppa before going out on the bike ... then the mission for today is to do, for a short time at least, something more work orientated.   For a start I’m taking a couple of bags o’ garden rubbish to Pittenweem,....  before morning coffee time.



09.00    Although it was mistier I enjoyed my run round out on the bike this morning:   I did my normal ‘round the villages’ run plus Elie Estate.... stopping at my usual viewpoints to take a few photographs.     Valerie, who had biked through Elie Estate, caught me up coming down Ferry Road;   it was nice having someone to chat to for a change.   Usually I’m totally on my own.    
I’m going to have breakfast, then take the garden rubbish to the skip at Pittenweem.  Oh .... the sun has broken through and we have another warm day ahead methinks.

The Ferry clock.
16.00   My word.... the air (coming from the southwest) feels like it’s coming out of an oven:  it was 26c (78f) in the garden at one point.   It was too hot to sit in The Hutte doing Soduko’s... aye ... and even too hot to fall asleep!   Don’t get me wrong.... I’m enjoying this spell of summer weather, .... the beach would be the place to be this afternoon, but it’s too hot (and busy) for me to wander down there!   I did take a look at my shorts... then at my legs;   the shorts are still in the drawer.

I did the Pittenweem mission, and had morning coffee with Geoff and George... since then I have floundered about sort of aimlessly.    Oh .... I did pull another weed out;  but that’s easy to do.    I mean they are not hard to find, and being at the perfect height to pull without bending.... that didn’t qualify as ‘work’.   I might go out in the evening once the air cools down a bit.


20.00      I saw a Meadow Brown butterfly today .... in fact I saw two.    Now you may
Roadside poppies at St Ford Cottages.
think ...Okay, ...  so what’s so strange about that;  this is the time foe Meadow Browns!    In meadows yes .... but not in Ivy garden.    I’m beginning to think that perhaps this ‘wild’ garden thing has gone too far.    That said I do have some  interesting insects in it.

The air has cooled a lot since the sky began to cloud over;  actually some serious ‘clouding over’ has taken place in the past couple of hours.   I don’t want tomorrow;   I’ve just got used to ‘warm and sunny’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....