Summertime ....


14th July 2019 (Sunday)      06.30 .....we have a really calm morning;  the
The cliffs this morning.
start of what is forecast to be a cracker of a day.    At the moment the sky is overcast, but it’s early and the sun has yet to burn off the cloud that’s come in from the North Sea.   There’s a, very light, southeast breeze.   I’m having a cuppa before going out on the bike;  and I  have a washing going through the machine because the next couple of days are forecast to be scorchers.... though we will probably get a cool onshore breeze in the afternoons.   Let’s enjoy summer:   I must remember to use sun cream .... my delicate complexion needs it.



Largo Law.
19.30    Well .... the weather has been sunny and warm;  even the light easterly breeze didn’t make a big difference to the temperature.    It was really warm in Ivy garden which is where I spent most of the afternoon:   between the garden, The Hutte, and watching Stage 9 of the Tour.

As you’d expect on a day like today the beaches have been busy;  it has been a perfect day for the beach, and holiday makers have been going down and up Ferry Road carrying all kinds of stuff to enjoy on the beach and on the water,    I haven’t been to the beach at all today, but I might go down later in the evening.

The washing dried ‘nae bother, and I’d do another tomorrow but I don’t have enough
The East end of Earlsferry.
to make a load.    Tomorrow is going to be another bonnie day, but, with less of a breeze than today;  so theoretically it should feel even warmer.    My ‘plan’ is to go out in the morning then potter around Ivy for most of the day.   I will take time out to bike along to Elie for the paper.... and have morning coffee at ‘Harbour House’.

There was a Tortoiseshell butterfly in the garden today;  that is a sign of summer.    And I saw three Swifts a couple of days ago, but there is a noticeable drop in the number of Swifts and Swallows.     House Martins seem to be here in reasonable numbers.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....