Overcast and damp ....


11th July 2019 (Thursday)     07.30 ..... it’s heavily overcast and wet (light
The Chapel Green interpretation boards are well used.
rain) at the moment, but the rain should move away during the morning to leave us with warm/hot sunny spells.    I had planned to go out early, on the bike, but that’s on hold for the time being.   I’m not sure how battery assisted ones do in rain.    I imagine everything is waterproof.... but I’ll have to read the ‘rools’.


10.00    The sky is heavy towards the West so the bike stays in the shed.    The yellow warning, for heavy, thundery showers, is still in force for KY9 this afternoon... and for tomorrow afternoon/evening.    I’ll take the car up to Elie for the papers and Harbour House.
I’ve been a busy boy, so far today, having done some ironing, ooverin’ (no dustin’) and cut the  deid heids aff the peony rose.   I expect I’ll spend the afternoon in the Hutte doing Soduko’s, sorting out a bookshelf, and falling asleep.


Earlsferry - at midday.
13.30     I could have biked up to Elie;  we’ve had a lovely, albeit humid, morning so far.    When .... (oh Brenda (Harbour House) is having her hair dine today) .... when I got back from morning coffee I got the bike out and went up to Chapel Green to lounge about on the Boss’s seat;  and to get a few photographs of the bonnie day.    I was successful on both counts;  lounging comes easily, and I got 114 photographs, from various viewpoints around the ‘Green’.   And I got lucky:  I managed to get a picture of a two local girls admiring the view from Chapel Green.

19.30     Well it has been a lovely day;   but humid... 23c in Ivy garden at one time.     I
The Bass rock.
did a couple of Soduko’s and had ‘50’ in the Hutte;   ‘mad dogs and Englishmen .... and all that.    Although some huge clouds did bubble up they were to the North and South of us;  perfect for the camera.

Having seen the weather forecast for tomorrow it looks like I might get out early on the bike.     The yellow warning for the East of Scotland (heavy thundery showers) still stands though later in the afternoon evening, and mostly to the north of us. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....