Hot and muggy ....


22nd July 2019 (Monday)      08.00.... I haven’t been further than the front
Elie Kirk tower.
gate this morning;   it’s not raining just now but it has been and everything is wet, so I couldn’t, or should say didn’t, go out on the bike earlier.      The sky is heavily overcast and the air humid and hot.... and I feel down for some reason.    I think I’m missing the hustle and bustle of the workmen;  they were always good for a quick chat.   Now I feel like it’s me that’s a ‘stranger’ .... in my own village:  an uncomfortable feeling.   I think another cuppa is called for.   The weather is supposed the brighten up later .... and me with it.   In fact the sun is breaking through as I type.



13.00     The weather is a bit dreich, with short spells of Scotch Mist blowing through occasionally, so I took the car up to Elie for the paper and morrrrrning coffee.     It’s amazing what a  cup of coffee and a chat can do;   I now feel ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’.... so much so that I did the ironing.    Now I feel the urge to go out on the bike but the weather is not amenable.    I suspect that the bike will never be out of the shed today.


Creel boat in Elie Bay.
22.00    It has been a cracker o’ a day, and I was tempted to get the bike out a few times, but the streets were busy so the bike never left the shed.    But I did do a lot of work.    I do believe that there will be a bed for Janice and Michael when they come up from Sussex in a couple of weeks.   I’ve been sorting out the bedding and stuff.    And doing some ‘ooverin’ and dustin’.

With it being a romantic sort of evening I went to the beach to unwind on Nana Harley’s seat;  and was rewarded by seeing a pod of dolphins loupin their way across the bay.   A few people, were out, like me,  enjoying the last of the evening sunshine.    There was a brisk wind but not cold.   It is to be warm overnight.... making it uncomfortable for sleeping apparently.   And tomorrow is going to be hot, in spite of a brisk breeze from the west.

‘Nautilus’ (our tanker) has crossed the Bay of Biscay, and has started to bumble down
I must to the sea again ...... 
past Spain at 12.5 knots (approximately 14mph).   She will be out of range of land based stations after passing Portugal.... and I will lose her until we get down to the Southern African countries.

I ‘plan’ to get up and out early tomorrow morning.... and continue with sorting out he bedroom in the afternoon.... "only mad dogs and Englishmen etc."

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....