Not a good hair day .....


9th July 2019 (Tuesday)     08.30 ....  Mmmmm ... it is damp.    We have ‘grey
Wet peony rose - not a good hair day.
with light rain, not much of a breeze, and reasonably warm’;  yep that about covers it.     Not a day for pottering in the garden that’s for sure.... and here’s me, and the bike, with fully charged batteries.     It’s a “where did I leave the car day”?     I think we could have a brief  dry(ish) spell about midday, then more rain.      Tomorrow  is going to be more or less the same :   and there’s the yellow warning for thunder on Thursday.    Anyway I’ll take the car up to Elie for the paper and morrrrrrrning coffee....  and I’ll visit Jim sometime today. 



13.00     It has been raining, at varying intensity, all morning, but recently the sky has shown promise of brightening:  perhaps that my wishful thinking.    I went to Elie for morning coffee, then did a wee bit of ‘ousework when I got back home.     I’ve had a
Elie - at morning coffee time.
lazy sort of day up to now... right now I’m going to put the kettle on.   A cuppa might get me into gear.



18.30      Well .... I suppose the best way to describe today’s weather is “dreich”.    It has rained most of the day, though when I went to Leven to visit Jim the sky looked like it was breaking up.... and it, briefly, stopped raining.     However it didn’t stay that way and I drove through heavy rain on the way home.
Jim was ‘different’ today:  in fact I am finding it hard coming to terms with how rapidly Jim is ‘changing’.    This time last year we were in Cornwall and Jim was enjoying himself.... apart from the heat which we all suffered a bit from.   He remembers Cornwall.... but doesn’t seem to want to have a conversation about the holiday .... or anything.   But he is a good listener.    At least he was his restless self
Earlsferry.
today.   

I see on the BBC weather that we have a yellow warning for thunder storms covering the second half of tomorrow and Thursday.    I hope we have a few bright (and dry) spells.    No ‘plan’ for tomorrow .... apart from take a few more wet look photographs it seems.


22.00     On my way to the beach an hour or so ago, I met a lady coming up from the beach;  she had driven up from Norfolk, a 9 hours drive .... mostly through rain.      I hope the weather improves for her..... though that’s unlikely for the next couple of days.    That said, we might miss any thunderstorms that do bubble up tomorrow afternoon.... I’m dreaming of sunny spells!


Evening time.
The evening has been the best part of the day,  and I enjoyed a quiet half hour on ‘Nana Harley’s’ seat:  and I wan't alone ...there was a good number of people taking a stroll in the fresh air ... ‘between the showers’. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....