Perfect morning for scampering ....


25th July 2019 (Thursday)     06.30 .... it is a crackin’ morning
Elie this morrrning.
and I’m having a quick cuppa before heading out on the bike;  and  before it gets too warm for this ‘boy’.    Everything is quiet and peaceful, sunny and warming up nicely, with hardly a breath of wind;   what breeze there is coming from the southeast.    It’s a perfect morning for a good scuttle.



08.00    The villages were quiet, but I did meet Primrose ,on her way to the harbour;  like me, out before the roads get busy.   The temperature shouldn’t get up to 29c on the beach because of the brisk southeast breeze, but will be hot nonetheless....  especially in Ivy garden, where it probably will reach 29c.    


11.30     It is cosy;  right now it is 27c in Ivy garden (in the shade), so I might just hit 29c in the afternoon.    I dashed into Kirkcaldy to buy a couple of pillows, and visited Jim on the way home.    Jim was ‘normal, just a bit forgetful, Jim’ today;   when you find him like this you wonder why he’s in ‘care’.   Sadly, most of the time, he’s in ‘escape mode’, wondering where  the car is.
Chapel Green flower tub.

Having done my 'scampering' in the morning my afternoon is going to be spent staying cool.... and perhaps making up the bed now that I have the pillows etc.    The bike has a fully charged battery so I might venture out once the heat of the day passes.    Orf to have another cuppa.


19.00     The temperature in the garden never got above 27c due to the wind freshening, and the sky clouding over.   Mind you 27c was too hot for this ‘boy’ doing very much;  yet, when I was in Cyprus (National Service) we had summer temperatures like this .... welll most of the summer .... and played about on the beach every day we could.    Today I pottered around inside Ivy, .... and did Soduko’s in the Hutte.
The Yellow warning for heavy thundery showers is still in force for later tonight’.    The Yorkshire Dales is experiencing a thunder storm just now, and it is moving slowly northeast.:  and out to sea with a bit of luck.   The bike has been stowed away, the plan being to get ‘up and out’ early tomorrow morning.    I’m assuming any overnight rain, that might have come our way, has cleared.


‘M’ (New Zealand) is in a serious state of excitement;   she has become the owner of an iPad .... and is travelling to Bonnie Scotland over the next few days.   I think she arrives in the UK on Saturday.    It will be good seeing her again;   and I know she will be looking forward to seeing her East Neuk pals again.      We keep 'in touch' via Skype most evenings. 

20.00    We have big raindrops falling on our heads.... could this be the start  of a thundery shower?     The southern sky is very dark and threatening looking.

This year’s Tour de France is the most exciting one in a long time;   definitely since Team Sky made it boring.    Normally I watch the start, a bit in the middle, then the last half hour, but today I had to watch it almost all the way through from the middle.    Exciting stuff;   I managed to keep cool today:  the cyclists did not.

It is/was the start of a heavy shower... but no thunder.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....