Feeling perky ...


26th July 2019 (Friday)      07.00 ....  The overnight thundery
Kinneuchar loch.
showers must have missed us;   apart from the one we had late yesterday evening.    Anyway it’s a lovely morning, and, with hardly any breeze, the sun busy burning back the clouds .... it’s a get up and go morning.    I will ‘go’ as soon as I finish my mug o’ tea.



09.30     I have had a ‘fantastical’ run on the bike;   I started with Elie Estate and ended up at Chapel Green.   On the way I managed to take 131 photographs (mostly of the loch);   some of them have been dumped because they were slightly out of focus (hereafter OOF).... but I still have plenty left to sort out later.    Today’s photos had me thinking of the poem ‘Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness’ (Keats);   the mist, gave them, the ones of the loch especially, that early autumn look.    Now I’m ready for morning coffee.   Early autumn?..... no.... we’re just beginning to enjoy summer!


Heron - Elie harbour beach.
18.00      This has been an excellent day.   I enjoyed morning coffee with the ‘troops’ then came home by way of Elie Estate.... and took a few more pictures of the loch... the light changes all the time, so even though the photographs are taken from my usual viewpoints they are all different.   At least to me they are.  

In the afternoon I went to Chapel Green and had a braw chat with Hazel, who was out for her afternoon walk.   A few spits and spots of rain spoiled what was a relaxing sojourn on the Boss’s Seat, so I made my way back home;   to see the end of Stage 19 of ‘le Tour’.    Well did it end dramatically.    The Stage had to be stopped before the final climb because of a hailstorm;  which made it dangerous for the competitors:   Extremely dangerous, in fact because they were descending..... and at a rapid rate of ‘knots’.    It was decided that the times taken for the stage would be the ones at the top of the penultimate climb;  where they were descending from when Stage 19 was stopped.


21.30    It has been a wet evening.... but at least it’s not cold.    Having just seen the
Kinneuchar loch at midday (second visit today).
weather forecast for tomorrow it looks like I won’t be going out on the bike in the morning.    I should get the bedroom finished ready for Michael and Janice next weekend.... and watch Stage 20 of ‘le tour’;   another route with mind boggling climbs....the last climb being 34.4 kilometres long and  over 2365 metres in altitude.   Whoever wins Stage 20 will most likely win the Tour.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....