Summer ... 27C in Ivy garden.


23rd July 2019 (Tuesday)     06.00 ....this is going to be one of the warmest
Kincraig cliffs  this morning.
days of summer (according to the weather forecast) and, after a warm night, it looks like it will be.    I am having a cuppa before scuttling up to Chapel Green, on what is already a warm morning.   
There’s very little cloud at the moment, and already the breeze, from the south, feels warm;   a day for lazing around the beach.


08.00    Everything is where it should be;  except the clouds which have moved in.... but the sun should burn them off.     It feels quite cool when the sun is hidden behind the clouds.... probably because it feels warm when it isn’t.    Hidden by clouds i.e.    Litter
The beach from the Breakwater.
is the other stuff that shouldn’t be where it is, but  litter has become an excepted part of the holiday season.  Neil does his bit to keep the beach clean .... as does Primrose, and others, but nobody should have to litter pick after litter louts.   I know that most folk will take their litter to a bin, but it only takes the few ignorant ones who don’t, to spoil it for everyone.    Must ‘go’ slight ‘flap on’ this morning .... want to get things done.



18.30     My my word;    27c in Ivy garden this afternoon....enjoyable but not  conducive  to much activity.   Even Soduko’s!     I went to Kirkcaldy in the morning to buy a new pair of double sheets and a pair of pillows;   I got the sheets but managed to forget the pillows.    But I did remember to go the Harbour Master’s House at Dysart
Dysart harbour.
Harbour for coffee, and managed a bumble out on the pier.    I took the coast road from Dysart to Leven, where I did a small shopping in Sainsbury’s then went to visit ‘Jimbo’.    Jim was in fine fettle this morning, but ‘escape’ was on his mind.    The first words he spoke were “are you in your car?”    However we sat down and chatted, mostly about the kirk recording that we did for  Scottish Churches.    I left as the carers were beginning to organise lunch.


There’s one good thing with this heat.... the new sheets have been washed, and  they dried in nae time;  are ready to go on to the bed!    The pillows?    I’ll manage to make another trip to Dunelm (Kirkcaldy) over the next couple of weeks.... and The Harbour Master’s House on the way home.

St.Serfs tower - Dysart.
I don’t believe this;  there’s a weather warning out for our area tonight:   heavy thundery showers accompanied by lightning etc.   It all happens overnight so we should have a lovely fresh feeling day tomorrow ..... with decent sunny spells.

  21.30    Jings....  this heat.    I don’t think  I’ll sleep at all tonight, and it’s supposed to be as hot again tomorrow.    There’s no sign so far on the lightning map of any storms anywhere nearer than Spain!  

I don’t have anything planned for tomorrow.    We might awake to ‘heavy showers so I don’t know if I’ll get out early.   Oh well I have plenty to do in the  bedroom.... ;ooverin’ and dustin’ etc. and;  I might even use the furniture polish.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....