Last round of The Open ....


21st July 2019 (Sunday)      06.30     The sun is working hard to break
Lady's Tower.
through early morning cloud;   so we should have sunny spells soon.   That said, I think it was brighter half an hour ago.
I’m having a cuppa before going round the villages: after that the plan is to do work around Ivy for the remainder of the day, while keeping an eye on both ‘le Tour’ and the Open golf.   Yes this could be a busy/tiring day for ‘the boy’.   There’s the stress of wanting Lowry (the ‘local’ boy) to win The Open, combined with the stress of three climbs (one Cat 2 and two Cat 1) on this the last day in the Pyrenees.   Must ‘go’.... the sun has broken through and my mug is empty. 


Ruined cottage.
10.30    I’ve had a good old wander around on the bike this morning.... Muircambus Mill, Kinneuchar then home via Balbuthie Loan and Elie.    It is pleasantly warm, but the temperature is noticeably cooler when the sun is behind clouds..... or was when I was out.    That was at 06.45.   Right now it is warm and sunny.... but a spell of rain should come over later in the afternoon.    I’m going to have a coffee before doing some ‘ousework.    The bike is on charge.... I might have a bumble up to Balcarres tomorrow, and I want a fully charged battery for that.


19.00    Tuesday looks like being the day for Balcarres;  tomorrow morning is a bit ‘iffy’ regarding the weather, but Tuesday is looking good.... perhaps too hot.     Today I
Elie High Street.
twice wrestled with getting a downy inside its cover; it’s one of the two tog kind of downy’s .... either a 10.5 or 4.5 for summer, which buttoned together give a  15 for winter.  I’d decided on a 10.5 for summer (Michael and Janice are coming up from Sussex) so put that one in the cover, then decided that, coming from Sussex they might find Scotland cool so took it out, and put the combined 15 tog in.   It will be cosy.   It was cosy trying to put the combined downy into the cover I can tell you.

Nae plan for tomorrow now, but I have plenty to do around Ivy .... and I will find time to go for coffee and a chat.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....