Playful ....


2nd May 2018 (Wednesday) .... 08.00    We have, ‘overcast and wet’ this
Evening sky over Earlsferry.
morning.      The rain isn’t heavy, but the ground looks like it has been raining all night;   oh well .... I won’t have to water the garden.     It’s not a morning for the bike, but the sun is forecast to break through about lunch time.    After breakfast I’ll frolic go up to Elie, in the car, pick up the papers and, have coffee in Harbour House..... in spite of the rain, I’m feeling playful.    I'm wondering.   Has there been enough rain to make puddles for jumping in?  

  

22.00    The rain eventually wandered away, and we ended up with a nice   afternoon/ evening albeit with some showers around, and we caught the edge of a couple of those.      The beach was magical this evening.    The tide was going out leaving huge
Evening sky over Elie.
wet areas that reflected the sky;  walking across the wet sand was like walking on clouds.   I photographed that lot ‘tae bits’.

This afternoon I attended Jack Robertson’s Memorial Service at the crematorium in Kirkcaldy.   The ‘Humanist’ Service, a celebration of Jack’s life, was delivered by a Humanist Celebrant, and was just as ‘moving’ as any religious service.      Jack got a good ‘send off’ from family, and friends, and had there been ‘hymns’ I’m sure we would have done them justice.

Today was the Colinsburgh ‘Lite ‘ Lunch, so I didn’t have to make lunch.   In fact I got myself ready for Kirkcaldy, and went up to Colinsburgh, had lunch, then went to Kirkcaldy from there.    On the way home from Kirkcaldy I went into Sainsbury’s to get
Half an hour later than the above.
a few things that I’d forgotten yesterday.   I am ready for the Elie (and Earlsferry) Scarecrow Festival, which is ‘on’, from Friday through to Monday.   This is normally a very busy weekend, with ‘scarecrow hunters ‘bumbling around’ all over the place.   The weekend weather forecast is ‘good’... with spells of sunshine and warmer, on all four days, so it should be a good ‘day out’.    I’ll go round the villages, on the bike, and take a few photographs.

Tomorrow I intend working in the garden,  after I’ve circumnavigated the villages and picked up the paper.   Oh ... I just remembered that  I have the ‘Drop in Cafe’, in the afternoon.    Mmmmmm there might not be much gardening done..

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....