Cold easterly breeze ....


23rd May 2018 (Wednesday)     08.30     Hmmmm  .... it isn’t “iggzactly”
Jogger prints.
warm this morning, but it will become warmer once the sun burns off the clouds;  however there’s an easterly breeze taking a few degrees off the temperature.      It, the east wind, is forecast to be with us for the next week or so.   I’ve been down to the beach..... it was quiet, only a couple of dog walkers, and a set of jogger footprints.





21.30    Regrettably the East wind has been with us all day, and is has been cold, even when the sun did finally break through about 15.00.    And that was short lived.    
I took the car up to Elie in the morning, got the papers then went to Harbour House to
"Hamburg" entering the Firth this morning.
have coffee with the troops.    Following the coffee break we went to Leven where I paid for my share of the Cornwall holiday:  Jim got the ‘invoice’ yesterday.   Now that the trip has been paid for we can start looking forward to Cornwall.      I went to Sainsbury’s where I met Monica and Alistair coming out as I was going in.

On the way home I had to stop at the temporary traffic lights at the entrance to the new golf course, where I was able to admire the landscaping that is going on .... at both sides of the main road.    This will be one of the most noticeable changes around Colinsburgh that has happened in a long time.

After a ‘lite lunch’ I had a siesta in the Hutte;  this East wind does not suit me at all,
Stewart enjoying the sunshine - on the West Coast.
especially around the early part of the afternoon.    I fed ‘Blob’ and friends, read the papers, and a Scots Magazine that Jim delivered last night.     I got a pleasant surprise when I was going through it;   an interesting article all about Edith (Bowman).       Jings I remember when Edith was born.    Edith must be about twenty years old now!   Well perhaps twenty three.

With the wind being Easterly I don’t think I’ll be going out on the bile tomorrow;  unless the wind is of the ‘light breeze’ kind.   When the wind’s from the East the place to be is the West.... as can be seen in the photo of Stewart enjoying a glass on water on Arran(?);  well somewhere on the other side of Bonnie Scotland.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....