Christian Aid Coffee Morning ....


26th May 2018 (Saturday) .... 08.30    There’s a different ‘air’ about today; 
Elie at 10.00 this morning.
the sky is mostly overcast, and the wind, which is brisk,  and from the ENE, is warm(er) because the air originates over Africa.   I still don’t like the East wind... but a warm East wind feels better than a cold one.   It could be a nice enough day, albeit windy.... but nae 'heat wave' here.    I’m taking advantage of the drying wind, with a washing going through the machine.    

After breakfast I’ll get the bike out and ‘point myself’ towards the Coffee Morning.


20.00   We had an excellent Coffee Morning, with q few new faces:  the ‘new faces’ would be visitors here for the holiday weekend.    I was along there in plenty time for the baking stall, and bought a mix of ‘goodies’, including a Ginger Bread.   There was a book stall with a really good choice of books, so I bought three (new authors for me) for bedtime reading.   Oh...  I won a prize in the raffle;  a personal home organiser.    I will use it.... organising is good.

May Daisies (Thrift) at Chapel Green.
I did bike to Elie, into a really ‘brisk’ wind I might add.     The derailleur gears are working perfectly, but the rear brakes are rubbing.    Adjusting the brakes should be a fairly minor job:   however, I’ve no doubt that I’ll manage to make it into a ‘major’ one.    Tomorrow?....Hmmmm – perhaps.

It has been a bonnie day, and the villages are reasonably busy, though I have seen them busier.    There’s a young family across the way, and they went down to the beach in the afternoon ...  carrying windshields;  you need them on the beach, especially an East wind.     There were ‘white horses’ on the water and that indicates a F4 wind.   Yes they’d need the windshields.   I haven’t been on the beach at all today.

The weather forecast is ‘good’ for the next few days;  ‘good’ that is apart from the
Fluffy flower-head in Ivy garden!
wind direction.   Alas the East wind is forecast to be with us for most of the next week.
No ‘plan’ for tomorrow.   The kirk is at Kinneuchar so I might bike up there, depending on how I feel.   I’ve been a degree or so under for the past couple of days, and have been confining myself to pottering around the garden mostly, and having early nights in bed.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....