Perfect scarecrow hunting weather ....


5th May 2018 (Saturday) .... 09.00    It’s a nice morning, but the sky has
Elie.
clouded over since I went out (on the bike) at, just before 07.00.
.... in fact I’d say that the ‘early birds’ enjoyed the bonniest part of the day;  that said, the clouds may well be a only temporary setback.    The sea was like a mirror earlier, but there is a light breeze now, and it doesn’t take much of a breeze to ruffle water.   It’s a perfect morning for hunting down scarecrows!

22.30      Scarecrow seekers have been out ‘in force’, on what has been a perfect day for bumbling around the villages.     I had great plans to join them, but, having a slight headache and being easily diverted, I decided to wash the floors and do some work around Ivy instead.   My early morning down at the harbour must have tired me out because I ran out of steam after lunch time, and ended up doing Soduko’s in the Hutte!....and falling asleep.    However I know that Ferry Road was alive with happy
Beach huts!

kids (of all ages) for most of the day.... I could hear them.   I’ll have to get out early tomorrow morning and try to catch up.    Funnily enough I’m feeling friskier now than I have done all day.


Yesterday I mentioned Swallows and Terns, summer migrants that are indicators that summer is on its way.    This morning, from the end of Elie pier, I spotted something that is even more of an indicator that summer is coming:  beach huts!    The beach hut fairies have been in action, bringing a bit of colour, and hope of a bonnie summer, to our beach.    The ‘Lonely Beach Hut’ has been joined by multiple , and multi-coloured, friends!

The temperature reached 17c in Ivy garden today... and it is forecast to be up around
Elie.
20c tomorrow.    Down in Sussex, the ‘troops’ are enjoying a scorching May Day weekend.    ‘JB’ has donned his shorts and taken off to Somerset!  

With tomorrow’s weather forecast being on the ‘excellent side of braw’ we can expect the villages to be busy.... and I will make an attempt to have a look at some of the scarecrows.
Heather and Alistair dropped in for a blether;  my voice is hoarse with talking.   Heather and Alistair are good at listening:  so they are up to date with the local news.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....