Harbour ....


18th May 2018 (Friday) .... 09.00    It was bright and sunny when I went up
Elie harbour.
for the paper, but a thin layer of cloud has come between us and the sun since then, so although still warm it’s not quite as bright as it was;   that said it is a cracker of a morning for doing things.    There’s nae wind to speak of, so I went to the harbour to have a walk around:   Mike was down there on his bike... psyching himself up to go back up the hill!    After this update, I’m going to do some work in the garden!    Maybe.



21.30     Surprise surprise .... I did work in the garden;  and took a load of rubbish along to the skips at the Pittenweem Re-Cycling Depot.     The opening times have been changed along there;   instead of being ‘Open’ seven days a week they are ‘Closed’ on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and at Lunch times......  and the operatives can ask you for ID to prove that you live in Fife.    The men didn’t ask for ID... I found that out, when I went on to the Fife Direct website.    “Goin’ tae the dump” is exciting stuff
Elie 
nowadays.    The place is immaculate.... it’s a pity they don’t have a Coffee Shop.    The trip to Pittenweem was done in the morning.    I went home via Colinsburgh to top up the car with fuel.

I was pleasantly surprised with Chris when I went along in the afternoon.    She was in bed;  she broke her pelvis a few weeks ago... and was dosing most of the time, but when she did wake up she enjoyed seeing us, and was looking well, in spite of her ‘nae weelness’.     Donald, Chris’s son, comes up from the Borders regularly.    I will go along with him the next time he’s up.   I had a look in the Lounge for Dot or Wilma, but they must have been in their rooms.

The Union flag is flying, the tele screen has been cleaned, and my Union flag coffee
Earlsferry.
mug(s) bunged through the dishwasher;   I’m ready for the Royal Wedding tomorrow.   The ‘plan’ is to be up, and out, early, then work around the garden with breaks to see some of the Wedding action.    We do ‘ceremonial’ best.   The weather forecast is good for tomorrow, and the next few days.    This could be summer.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the families distraught with grief, because of loved ones killed or injured at the latest High School shooting in the USA.       You would think that at some point someone is going to connect the number of weapons available, to the number of shootings perpetrated.... and do something about it.   The present POTUS will, most likely, not be that person.     Sadly, God does not appear to be ‘Blessing’ America just now.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....