Tranquil morning ....


21st May 2018 (Monday)     09.30 ......   We have a serene morning .... a
Kinneuchar Loch.
morning to ‘fall apart’.    I’ve been round the villages on the bike, bought a paper, then went up through Elie Estate to Kinneuchar Loch .... and everywhere I’ve been has radiated peace, tranquillity and love.    My next move, after breakfast, is to attack another bit of the garden;  having said that the ‘broon bucket’ is full so I’ll need to find bags to put the weeds in.   Orf to have breakfast .... I’ve been on the go since 06.00. and I’m beginning to feel hungry.



17.00     Oh my word, it was 22c in Ivy garden this afternoon.    I had to have a siesta.... I cannot work when it’s hot like that.    I settled down, in the Hutte with a bottle of water and the paper.    The garden work is progressing;   I found the bags that
Kinneuchar Kirk.
I use for the weeds, and one of them (as well as the ‘broon bucket’ is already full.    My hips and knees are enjoying the exercise!    The temperature will be more amenable tomorrow, and for the next few days;   because the wind is veering to the East.



21.00    All this work made me hungry.... so I had an early ‘dinner’, then went up to the top of Balcarres again and got a few photographs of the ‘troops’ working.    It is a lovely evening, and I might go down to the beach later.... after a cuppa.    I had the beach all to myself, .... in fact both villages seemed to be asleep.   Some heavier looking clouds have moved in, but I don’t think rain is mentioned in the weather forecast.   I have yet to have the cuppa.

I received an advisory letter re a planning application for ‘Little Cottage’, from Fife
Balcarres Estate.
Council, this morning;   I live within 20 metres of the proposed extensions.    Jings when I first lived in Ivy Cottage, Jock Dunsire’s family were in the process of selling their ‘big house’ Balvonie, and moving into separate smaller houses (downsizing).    Margaret chose to live in the cottage in the corner of Balvonie garden, ‘Selina Cottage’ (as it was then), Chrissy moved to the flat above Toni’s shop, and David to a wee cottage, about three blocks west of Margaret.   They have all passed away.  ‘Little Cottage’? .... I think that might be the fourth change of name.    It was Selina Cottage, then Moon Acre, then Small Cottage... and, as I type Little Cottage.    I don’t think the extension will affect me in any way .... I only hope the trees don’t get the ‘chop’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....