Proposed development exhitition ....


17th May 2018 (Thursday) .... 09.00    We have yet another lovely
This morning!
morning:   When I first went on to the beach the air was cool, by the time I came off the beach it was warm;  we have a bonnie day ahead of us by the look of it.    The beach had a fair number of dog walkers bumbling around ,,,, and Carol;  who was walking a long piece of plastic along to the nearest bin.    Carol reminded me that, this afternoon, we have the public exhibition re the proposed housing developments on the edges of Earlsferry and Elie.   The exhibition is   in Elie Kirk Hall from 14.30 – 19.30.    That coincides with the ‘Drop in Cafe’ so I’ll pop round there after a cuppa. 
  
I think that I’ll do some ‘work’ around Ivy this morning;  the weeds seems to think that they are in charge:   that said, I also think the weeds are in charge.   I’ll pull a few of them;   I feel very gardener minded this morning.   It won’t last.

The view from Jenny and John's Memorial bench.

22.00     I managed to fill the ‘broon bucket’ with weeds, so I feel happy with today’s gardening spell.... though you can hardly see any difference to the garden.    There has been a cool easterly wind most of the day, so I didn’t go out on the bike, choosing instead, to go for the paper and coffee in Harbour House, in the car.

George came in for late in the morning.    I made us a cuppa and we enjoyed a blether... and a chocolate biscuit.    The diet begins again tomorrow.    We arranged to meet at the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon, from where we’d go round to the ‘Major Developments Exhibition’.

As ever the ‘Drop in Cafe’ was a happy hour spent with friends:  it’s something that I look forward to every week.   That said, it will be closing soon for the summer break.    It’s only 35 days until the Summer Solstice, on the 21st June, a week after which the nights start ‘drawing in’, and it’s all downhill to winter.... and the Drop in Cafe opening after the summer!     Jings how time flies!

George and I went to the Developments Exhibition’, and found a fair number of people
The Ferry beach.
already in the hall.    I browsed my way round;  actually a lassie pointed me in the right direction.... while George went to ask about the plan for the sewerage.    The 26 houses on the Grange (Earlsferry) development are being knitted into Grange part of Earlsferry, and won’t make much difference to the auld part of the village.... apart from more traffic using Ferry Road. 

  I wouldn’t want the villages to lose their ‘auld, East Neuk village’ look.   Regardless of the best intentions, some of the new housing  will most likely end up as ‘holiday homes’.    I assume that ‘affordable housing’ means houses for rent.     The small business units at Wadeslea are a good idea, as long as they are built to match the proposed houses at Wadeslea , and do not look like ‘standard’ industrial units. 

Our weather for the next few days is forecast to be ‘more of the same’;  i.e.   warm with good sunny spells.    I haven’t any idea what I’m going to do in the morning, but I’m going to visit Chris at the ‘Windmill’ in the afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....