Lovely morning ....


8th May 2018 (Tuesday) .... 08.30    I can hardly believe this:  on this date
2 Trg Bn. RASC - 1958.
60 years ago I arrived at Aldershot to begin my National Service, in the  Royal Army Service Corps.    This was the first day of an interesting and enjoyable two years, though I didn’t actually know it that particular morning.   
We have another gorgeous morning here, and the sun was warm even when I was out, not long after sunrise.    I’ve been round the villages on the bike, and they are quieter than they were at the weekend!
I’m going to try to fix a puncture on Maggie’s bike today... that’s the ‘plan’.    That and potter around the garden.


Earlsferry from the Breakwater.
21.30     The best part of the day was when I went out on the bike in the morning;  since then I’ve had an enjoyable, if slightly frustrating day, trying to repair a puncture.     So far I have patched two tiny leaks, but the tyre is flat again so there has to be a third.... or perhaps fourth.    I remember picking up multiple hawthorn thorns the last time I was out on Maggie’s bike... and repairing multiple punctures.    I’ll buy a new inner tube the first time I’m in Kirkcaldy.    Today I was working with the wheel attached to the bike;   tomorrow I’ll take the wheel off, so that I can check the inside of the tyre.    It looks I could have an interesting morning tomorrow.    I have the Friendship Lunch in the afternoon.

Apart from fiddling about with the bike, I’ve had a quiet day.    It has been a bonnie
Elie.
day, and warm;  it was 20c in Ivy garden just after lunch.    In spite of the lack of success, I enjoyed sitting in the sun, and working on the bike.   In fact I was out there half an hour ago, took the wheel off the bike, and repaired another two tiny leaks, and left the tube, inflated, to see if it leaks overnight.     Exciting stuff.

The weather forecast for tomorrow isn’t  great;   cooler with the chance of rain in the afternoon;  cooler means that the temperature will be round about the average for the time of year.    I’ll do some bike maintenance before going to the Friendship Lunch.... probably in the car.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....