Cracker of a morning ....


14th May 2018 (Monday) .... 09.30    It’s an absolute cracker of a morning,
Chapel Green - Earlsferry.
and ‘The Boy’ has been busy since dawn cracked.    I’ve been round the block on the bike, and will have to reset the rear derailleur gears;  which I’ll do  after I hang out a washing.     It’s not the best of drying days as there isn’t much wind, but a breeze is forecast for later.

I don’t know where the time goes;   having been up, and active, at 05.30, and feeling that I haven’t done anything .... yet I haven’t stopped.    Well I have now;  to update the Hutte.... and have a coffee.     I intend going round the villages on the bike once I get the gears set.    Finding instructions online was easy;   but finding ones that allowed you to print said instructions off was harder.    Must ‘go’ ... ‘slight flap on’.... it’s a bonnie day and I want to do more ‘things’.

Ivy tulip.

21.30     It has been a perfect day for doing ‘things’.... and I have taken advantage of that.   The bike is fixed.... and I went up to Chapel Green and had a long rest on The Boss’s seat.    The Green was busy with folk out enjoying the sunshine.... it has been a most pleasant day.   It was while I was resting that I decided that I’d do some work around Ivy;   and that is what I did, more or less all day.     First of all the bike needed some tweaking.... it might need a few more slight adjustments .... but the major work had been done.

In the hottest part of the afternoon (it was 21c in Ivy garden) I did a couple of Soduko’s in the Hutte, before pruning an overgrown cotoneaster.    The next job was replacing one of The Hutte window sills.   That was a job that I really enjoyed doing. ... and it took a wee bit of time.    I might start painting The Hutte tomorrow;   the weather forecast is good for the next few days.     I’d better see how much paint I have.    It’s a popular colour (Forest Green) so it will be easy enough to get.

It did turn out to be a good ‘drying day’.... and the washing is now ready to iron.     In fact I will do that (the ironing) before I go to bed.     Before I do that I’m going to daunder down to the beach.

There must be a few holiday makers here, because the beach was busier than I’d
Evening time.
expected it to be.    It is a beautiful evening, and our beach is the place to go for a quiet stroll.... I didn’t get near enough to talk to anyone, but I did meet a friendly dog, that was really enjoying the beach.

This happy bunny will be dragging some weary muscles into his ‘burrow’ tonight;   but I have enjoyed doing ‘things’.     I intend doing ‘more of the same’ tomorrow:  after I come back from the surgery.    I have an appointment to see about my knee.
The ironing has been put orf until tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....