It's cold ....


22nd May 2018 (Tuesday) ..... 08.00    There’s a noticeable drop in
Pittenweem Recycling Depot display.
temperature, and in the strength of the ENE wind, this morning.... it feels like  a step back to winter, after the recent hot days.    This is the day that I’ve chosen to go to Leven and have my haircut:   my head is beginning to look like I’m growing my own blankets.    I’ll do a shopping when in Leven.    This weekend coming up, is a holiday weekend (Whitsun) so I’d better stock up, because the villages will be busy.
I won’t be out on the bike in this wind .... but Ivy garden is sheltered so I’ll get some more tidying up done, and take the bags of weeds along to Pittenweem re-cycling... remembering that they are closed on Wednesday.

Kellie Castle.
18.30     It has been a nice enough day;  bright and sunny, most of the time, .... but, the brisk north easterly wind kept the temperature down.    It was warm out of the wind.
In the middle of the afternoon I went along to the re-cycling depot at Pittenweem with bags of weeds.  The top photo is a display that the workmen have set up with stuff that has been ‘dumped’.   The Pittenweem Depot must be one of the cleanest recycling Depots in Fife;  I hope their efforts are recognised.


22.00    Jim and Myra are back ‘in residence’ after their romantic break up in Grantown-on- Spey;   and are now sorting out their next holiday;   Cornwall at the beginning of July.    I am joining them on this holiday, an ‘organised coach tour’.    I
Gorse adds a bit of colour to Kellie Law.
saw the holiday advertised but didn’t fancy travelling on my own;  when I heard that Jim and Myra were going, I asked if it I could tag along.     This means that someone will have me as a travelling companion!

It isn’t going to be as windy tomorrow so it could be quite warm;  in fact the next couple of days could be warm in spite of the East wind.    Regrettably pollution levels are forecast to be ‘medium’ for the next couple of days.    Nae biking for ‘the boy’ I’m thinkin’.    However I have empty bags that need filling with weeds so I’ll get on with that in the afternoon.    The morning will be taken up with picking up the papers, and having coffee in Harbour House.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....