Undignified dismount from bike .... fell off


3rd May 2018 (Thursday) .... 09.00    It’s a bonnie morning, but not the
First 'scarecrow' of Festival....and it doesn't start until tomorrow.
warmest, though the temperature is forecast to rise over the next couple of days.    Today looks like being a reasonable drying day, breezy with the chance of light showers.    Being that I’m going to be working in the garden (?) I should be able to rescue the washing if need be.
Tomorrow is the first day of the Elie (and Earlsferry) Scarecrow Festival.    I bought the ‘Scarecrow Guide’ map, and scoring sheet.   So far there are 38 entries, but that figure normally goes up, with late additions after the ‘guide’ has been printed.      The photograph shows the high quality, (almost life like?), quality of scarecrow you can expect to find.
What?    That's Ian?    I should have gone to Specsaver’s!


Elie Kirk.
21.30     Wellll .... it’s been an overcast and dour kind of day, but at least my washing dried, and I’ve been happy.    I didn’t do much ‘work’ .... but I did a lot of contemplating and planning.    That meant sitting in the Hutte and doing Soduko’s.    It wasn’t all ‘contemplating and planning’ .... I went Harbour House in the morning, and had a grand cuppa, and blether.    I had the same again in the afternoon at the ‘Drop in Cafe’.    I’ve had a lazy grand day!   It’s actually been cold today;  colder than was forecast, and I think that might have cramped my style somewhat.    You’d think that I’d be loaded with Top Secret info after all the talking I’ve done, but that isn’t the case.    The villages are quiet.    Even Kinneuchar is quiet;  and there's usually always something happening in Kinneuchar.

In the later part of the afternoon I made a batch of mince and tautties, which I turned
Elie High Street.
into Cottage Pies for freezing;   that was a cosy job, so it hasn’t all been play.    I bought some Bramley apples the other day to make Eve’s Pudding;  that will be tomorrow’s kitchen job.

The Scarecrow Festival begins tomorrow, and the weather forecast is for tomorrow’s weather to be much the same as today’s was;  windy and overcast but warmer.      I’ll get the bike out and take a few pictures of  Scarecrows, using the Canon fitted with a polarizing filter, as some of them (Scarecrows) are in shop windows.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....