Pittenweem Harbour ....


27th May 2018 (Sunday) .... 08.30    When I went out for the paper  (in the
Pittenweem.
car) I popped along  to Pittenweem, via Kinneuchar,  for a change of scenery.   Kinneuchar was busy;   Bob and Sheena were on the move.    When I think about it Kinneuchar wisnae that busy;   Bob and Sheena were the only folk I saw!    On the way to Balbuthie I stopped and took photo of Kinneuchar kirk;  yes another one.   I like the view from the spot that I park.    Pittenweem harbour was busier than I expected, with a couple fishermen working on their boat.    I noticed a Belfast registered boat,  a Fowey registered one, and a Hartlepool one in the harbour... their numbers standing out among the many Scottish boats.   I had a walk out on the middle pier, then decided that I wanted food so came home;   and forgot to go for a paper.   I’ll get the bike out later.


20.00    It’s been another lovely day;  even the cool breeze didn’t stop people padding around in their shorts.    Shorts?.... not this boy.... it’s too cauld for my delicate legs.
I’ve had a quiet day;  after breakfast I pottered around the garden, and tried to adjust the bike brakes.     I gave up on that when I couldn’t get the spanner onto the nut:   I think I need a funny spanner.    The brakes work fine as they are, but need adjusting.   
Pittenweem.
 
I did a couple of Soduko’s in between gardening and bike fixing, and during the hottest part of the day.   I’ve reached the Super Fiendish part of the Soduko book, and they, the Super Fiendish, are tricky blighters.    I also drew up the “Harrann” sign for George:   all I need to do now is find black gloss paint, to paint the sign.    It’s only a small bit of writing but it will be interesting to see how I get on sign writing with arthritic fingers.

It’s been another hot day in Ivy garden;  actually I may water the rose bushes tonight.... they could be doing with it.    The ‘fluffy headed’ flowers seem to thrive on the lack of water.

Blob is taking food back to the nest so he has managed to get another brood going.
Pittenweem.
   Fingers crossed that some of the hatchlings will reach adulthood this time.    The Blackbirds are also feeding young, as are the Starlings.    Starlings don’t hang about:  they come in get the grub then off back to the nest.    Not the Blackbirds;  on no .... they fight with each other, claiming territory.   While the Blackie’s fight, the Starlings clean up the grub:  the whole of Earlsferry is Starling territory.
It’s forecast to be another hot day tomorrow.   Although the wind will still be from the East it is not going to be as strong as it was today, so it will be hotter.    For me this means a continuation of getting up early, doing stuff up till it about midday, then staying out of the sun until about 16.00.   This is ‘Summer Migraine’ weather.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....