Productive mood ....


11th May 2018 (Friday) ... 08.00    It was ‘bright and sunny’, but a layer of
Cherry Blossom - Letham Glen, Leven.
cloud has moved in and it looks like being a grey, but dry, day.... bonnie, but I’d prefer some more sunny days.   There is a light wind from, my least favourite direction, the East.     I haven’t been out for a walk, but I have done the ironing. 

  

08.30    This is me trying out the computer keyboard having cleaned  it;  hoovered the finger nail clippings and biscuits crumbs oot , and given it a good clean.    Actually I need a new keyboard;   seven of the letter have worn off and are just blank, black squares.    Apart from that, everything seems to be working.   Now...  I must go and definitely have breakfast.
  

21.30     I’ve had an active day, not physically active;  more organising active.   It’s been a good day for organising.     I now have an appointment with the doctor to see about my knee (on Tuesday), and the car goes in for its MOT on Wednesday.    Next week is going to be a busy week. 
 I phoned George (Gordon) to let him know I was thinking of going to Leven, but he’s harder to catch up with than I am .... and catching up with me is nigh on impossible.    Anyway I went to Leven to organise the car, and go to B n Q’s, Sainsbury’s, and a charity shop to hand in, and take out, some books:   I need some bedtime reading.    On the way in to Leven I’d noticed that the cherry trees in Letham Glen are in blossom, so
Letham Glen - Leven.
I went in to Letham Glen, on the way out of Leven, to get a few photographs of them - the aforementioned cherry trees.   Letham Glen cherry trees are always gorgeous when in blossom, but it isn’t long before the ground is covered in pale pink ‘snow’.

Pot –holes;  that’s what I’ve been thinking about lately.    I used to think that, no matter where you drove in Britain, you could always recognise a Fife driver;   they’re the ones that hug the centre line of roads.... to avoid pot-holes.   Not so;  apparently pot-holes originated in the 1980’s and have now reached plague proportions on UK roads.    The Ferry Road pot-holes are the ones that got me thinking, that, being a ‘pot – hole filler must be one of the least satisfying jobs in Britain:  the ‘team’ has to go around filling the holes that have been marked, with yellow paint by a, presumably superior, person who recognises a pot-hole.   In Ferry road, up near St Ford, a few holes have been filled, leaving the unmarked ones to develop into proper pot holes;   there obviously has to be a decisive factor to becoming a proper pot-hole, deserving of being marked with the yellow
Letham Glen - Leven.
paint.    Actually I wouldn’t mind the job of being a pot hole marker;  it would be a braw job on a sunny day,   I’d only go out on sunny days.    Probably get a van to bumble around in.    Moan over.    Well no it isn’t:  when I’m at it I used to think that litter louts were a pain in the butt, but they are in fact ‘job creators’;  I saw a team the other week ‘litter picking’ at the side of the road.   That’s the moan definitely over;  and I do feel better for it.

Tomorrow?    Hmmm;  I haven’t really thought about tomorrow;   I guess I was too busy thinking about pot-holes.    Actually the weather forecast for Saturday is ‘good’;  sunny spells, and warmer..... after some overnight rain.    Sunday isn’t very promising .... better chance of rain.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....