Heavy, wet haar ....


29th May 2018 (Tuesday) .... 08.00    Hmmmm .... we have heavy mist;
Foggy Earlsferry.
 heavy enough for me to get wet when I went round the ‘Royal Burgh’ on the bike.    I daresay it will burn back to the North Sea and we should have another ‘bright and sunny’ afternoon.    It is breezier, cool .... and, damp.  

We had fireworks going off at 22.30 last night;  some kind of celebration for which noise was essential.   There are a lot of inconsiderate people on Mother Earth, and, regrettably, our auld villages are beginning to get their share of them at holiday times.

I’m feeling as frisky as a frolicking ferret this morning;   actually, I might go for a daunder up Balcarres Den later.... that would burn some of this energy off.

Balcarres Estate.... the B941 St Andrews road.

19.00      Oh my word;   Balcarres Den was so green... different shades of green, full of the aroma of the Wild Garlic and utterly relaxing.    It was hot in the Den, sheltered from the breeze.    Oh .... the haar melted away after lunchtime, and we ended up with a lovely afternoon, and evening.  
The first bridge, up the den from Robin Gray’s Cottage, is falling down;  what remains is in a dangerous state.     There are Warning Notices to this effect.    I walked up the road and went into the den beyond the bridge... to have a look.    I then climbed back to the road, and bumbled my way back to the car.   I managed to get some photographs on my travels. 
In the morning, because it was still damp, I took the car up for the paper, had a coffee in Harbour House, then went to Barnett’s (the baker) where I bought a couple of scones, and Empire biscuits.


21.30     Jim and I had good evening chatting.    The subjects covered were various, but
The Den Burn.
one of them was “pot holes”.     Unfortunately we couldn’t solve the pothole problem without scrapping Trident and putting the money towards fixing the infrastructure of the UK;  oh ... and properly funding the NHS.

 The X-Ray I had of my knee is now in the computer, and I have a telephone appointment with the Doctor tomorrow morning to discuss the way forward.   It really all depends on how worn the knee is.   If it’s ‘bone to bone’ then something might be done.    Otherwise it’s Paracetemol and a stick.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....