Grey and damp ....


31st May 2018 (Thursday) .... 09.30    We have heavy Scotch Mist this
Elie Harbour.
morning;  it’s grey and wet.    It looks like we’ve had some light rain overnight, but only enough to lay the dust:  the gardens are needing a really good soak.    I’ve been up to Elie for the paper, and at the surgery;  after that, as I was in the car, I went down to the harbour.   
It is a good morning for doing some ‘ousework, though frankly, I’m not in an ‘ousework mood.... I still have that one degree under feeling.    This calls for another cuppa;  after that I’ll make a ‘plan’.


21.30     The ‘plan’ that eventually came up with didn’t involve too much heavy lifting, or stuff like that;   I decided to have a quiet day.    I saw Brian and Gary teeing off on the eighteenth so I went up to see how they were getting on:  and arranged to have a cuppa with them up at Arncroach in the afternoon.    When I was up at Arncroach I’d go for a walk round Gillingshill Nature Reserve. 
 
Gorse blossom.
First thing in the afternoon I went to the ‘Drop in Cafe’ for the Thursday afternoon ‘happy hour and a half’:    the ‘Drop in Cafe’ is something to look forward to every week.    However it closes down for the summer break soon.    Jimmy and I used to go up to Maggie’s seat with a flask of coffee and tea in July and August so I’ll just go back to that.    There’s always plenty folk walking the coastal path, so I chat to them.
From the ‘Cafe’ I went to Brian and Moira’s (Arncroach) where I arrived just in time to see the lawn mower being switched off..    Oh my word I suddenly felt weak and stressed out.   The second most stressful thing to actual working, is watching someone else working.... because it reminds me of what I should be doing at home.   However a cuppa, and a couple of biscuits, soon had me calmed down, and in nae time we were sorting out Gary’s golf.   Gary assured everyone that his game is excellent just now;  except on Thursdays.   This problem is of course easily fixed:  Gary won’t play on Thursdays.   Having sorted Gary’s golf out I then went up to Gillingshill for a quick bumble up to the gorse to breathe in the ‘smell of Springtime at Gillingshill’.   It is something else;   sadly I can
Ivy Cottage Rowan tree blossom.
only share a picture of the gorse bushes in flower with you, and not the aroma.    This brings me my Rowan tree.   The Rowan Tree (Mountain Ash) is bonnie, has lovely delicate blossom, and gorgeous berries:  what the blossom does not have is an attractive smell.   Compared to Gorse blossom, Rowan blossom is mingin’.   Having said that I like its ‘different’ smell.... in some ways it’s sort of ‘earthy’.   And insects love it.

I’m feeling brighter tonight, and hope to be frisky tomorrow.   The weather forecast is for ‘more of the same’... misty early with bright and sunny spells later.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....