Feeling cool ... and so is the temperature


10th May 2018 (Thursday) ....08.00      it’s a lovely morning but there is a
Bonnie morning.... that's Carol on the beach!
noticeable drop in temperature; exacerbated by a brisk North-westerly wind.    The beach was quiet when I was down there for a pre breakfast walk;  but I did see Carol out for her morning exercise, and a dog walker along at the Elie end of the beach.    It’s a good drying day.... and I don’t have a washing out! 


    

21.30    Although we’ve had to go back to wearing thicker jackets because of the cold wind, it has been a lovely day for doing things outside.    I went to Halford’s (Kirkcaldy) first thing this morning, bought an inner tube for the bike,....  and, had a good look at the battery assisted bikes.    Kirkcaldy Sainsbury’s is just ‘across the road’ from Halford’s so I decided to do a wee shopping. 
   
The Kirkcaldy Sainsbury’s is bigger than the Leven Sainsbury’s and it took  a while to find the aisles that I  wanted.    Anyway I eventually got all that I required, and was going to have a cuppa in the Cafe;  then I thought, “why not go to the Harbourmaster’s House at Dysart Harbour”:  and that is what I did.   No ... not quite; 
Dysart harbour.
I went to Dysart Harbour right enough, and had a wander around the harbour, but I didn’t have  a cuppa.    The Harbour Master’s House on a Thursday morning is not the place to go for a cuppa:   it must be the day when all the local ladies meet.   It was loaded with girls.    Normally I’m not averse to sitting in a room full of  girls, discussing (I imagine) ‘housewifely things’:   but this morning, of all mornings, I was feeling ‘shy’:  took one look and ran.     Well I would have ‘ran’ but couldn’t so I ‘bumbled fast’, back to the car and home to Ivy, where I had a mug of my foulest coffee. 
   
The entrance to the new golf course at Dumbarnie Links is already taking shape:  I did wonder where it was going to join the main road;  now I know.

Thursday is Drop in Cafe day so I enjoyed an hour of cheerful banter, with cake and
Spring scene.
coffee, in the afternoon;  before going home to Ivy, to put the new inner tune on Maggie’s bike.  The rear gears, and brakes, will need to be reset, before I take it out on the road.  
  
The weather forecast for tomorrow is ‘nae bad’:   sunny spells with a southeast breeze.    It could be a good gardening day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....