Early morning fog ....


25th May 2018 (Friday) .... 08.30      Thick fog has crept in from the North
Early morning dog walkers.
Sea overnight, but the sun is beginning to burn it back:  it looks like being a ‘bright, sunny and warm day.’
  At the moment there’s only a light breeze from the North, so the chill factor is negligible;  however, this being the East Coast the haar could creep back in again, in the afternoon.
When I went for the paper I popped down to the harbour (I was in the car), then went to the beach when I got back to Ivy.    All is quiet... the auld places are very peaceful this morning.   I’ll get the bike out later and go up to the Chapel Green.


20.30    It has been a ‘sunny and warm’.... as long as you were out of the wind day.   Alas the wind strengthened, and made what was a bonnie day into a cool one.   I enjoyed myself fixing the bike, doing a wee bit of painting, and some weeding.    I take rest at the hottest time of the day, having been ‘up’ since ‘silly time’.    I like early
Elie Harbour.
morning time:  yes, it is cool at that time, but the roads are quiet, and I’m friskier first thing in the morning.

The bike?    You wouldn’t believe it:  I’d forgotten to do the last action, which sets the gears.   Two turns of that and the gears were as they should be.    It wouldn’t be so bad but I had typed out the instructions, in numerical order;   “Adjust the Barrel” was No 6 (and the last).   I blame the East wind.    Anyway I’ve been down the road for a test run .... the real test will be when I go to the Coffee Morning tomorrow.   

The evening has become quite cloudy and dull;   not as in haar, more like proper rain
The Ferry beach.
clouds.    Rain hasn’t been forecast for us.    The brisk East, actually Northeast, wind is still with us, and it is cool:  I’ve been out filling the bird feeders.    I noticed that Blob is taking food back to the nest so that means ‘Bloblings’ should appear in a few weeks.    Most of the hatchlings don’t make it through to adulthood.

I’ve been feeling ‘under the weather’ today;   as per usual I blame the East wind.    Tomorrow is forecast to be warm again;  though a brisk Easterly wind will make it feel on the ‘cool side of warm’..

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....