Dream like morning .....


6th May 2018 (Sunday) ..... 09.00    I decided to make an early start this morning and set off from Ivy, on the bike, at ten to six (05.50) to do the complete run
Elie Estate road.
from Chapel Green round to Elie Harbour pier, then up through the Estate, then home for breakfast.    I was well ready for food when I got back to Ivy at quarter past eight (08.15).    Oh my word it was worth the early start:  it’s a gorgeous morning .... hardly a breath o’ wind, so the sea was like a mirror, as was Kinneuchar Loch.    I’m a happy bunny.    Whether I’ll be fit to bumble round the villages looking for scarecrows remains to be seen:   I’ll have another cuppa, and a short ‘rest’ in the Hutte before I do anything.
I did see one or two dog walkers on the beach, and had a blether with Stewart on the Estate, but the villages were quiet;  then again, I suppose it was early.   I’m orf to make a cuppa.    Looking for scarecrows?    It’s a perfect morning for doing that .... so ... I might join ‘you’ later.



21.00    I don’t think I have ever seen the villages as busy as they were today;   both
Fishery Protection vessel 'Jura' this morning.
Elie and Earlsferry were choc-a-bloc with cars, and people.     It was warm and sunny all day, and folks were taking the chance to find scarecrows and top up with Vitamin ‘D’.    It was so busy with cars that I decided to forget about going round looking for scarecrows on the bike.    I went up to Balcarres to walk ‘SD’, with Jim and Myra, instead.    I’ll get some of the scarecrows tomorrow;  the forecast for tomorrow is ‘more of the same’ though not as warm, with the wind (light) having veered to the East.    Today I had to go out without my scarf and gloves... it was that warm.    However they have not been put away for the summer;   the temperature is forecast to drop by the middle of the week.   That said;    I have enjoyed this spell sunny and warm weather, and would happily put up with a longer spell of this
Kinneuchar Loch.
weather;   and be glad to put the scarf and gloves away for summer.

Tomorrow’s ‘plan’ is to get up, and out, early;   I want to do the same bike run as I did this morning.  It’s a good way for me to start my day.    I’ve always been a morning person;  but I’m finding that I now need to have a catnap in the Hutte during the day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....