Lady's Tower walk ....


9th May 2018 (Wednesday) .... 09.00    I hung a washing out at 07.00 but I
The Lady's Tower - Elie.
very much doubt if it will be dry, before the rain that’s mentioned in the weather forecast arrives:   there has been very little wind up till now, and the sun is behind a layer of light cloud.    Anyway forget the washing;  that’s domestic stuff.
The bike tube has not gone down overnight, but it could be less firm:   I suspect that there is yet another tiny puncture to be found.    I’ll re-run the tube through a basin of water.
This morning I went out to the Lady’s Tower for a walk; it was bonnie, but the warmth of the sun was, even then, beginning to be weakened by cloud.  I enjoyed the walk, meeting a couple of dog walkers, on the way.   Orf to have a cuppa then I’ll sort out the bike.

Looking Westward from the East Links.

20.00       The bike has been ‘sorted’;   I patched another two small punctures (with one patch) and since then the tyre has not lost any pressure.    All I have to do now is set the gears... which I’ll do tomorrow.    I’m going to Halford’s (Kirkcaldy) early tomorrow morning buy some bike stuff... including a new inner tube.    I’ll also have a look at battery assisted bikes when I’m there.    The reason I’m fixing Maggie’s bike is because getting on and off my bike is stressing my sair knee.   End of bike saga.
The rain came on, as per weather forecast, at about 14.00... by which time my washing was dry enough for ironing.    In fact, when I think of it, I have had a happy, and productive day:  and, The Friendship Lunch brightened up what had become a dull, albeit dry, day outside.    There’s always a happy ambiance at the Friendship lunches. 
Elie kirk tower from the East Links.
   
We have a dour, wet evening, now, so I’m going to give the beach a miss.   Actually I’m going to have a long, hot ‘Radox’ bath;  followed by a hot chocolate, and some pondering.    Hot baths always bring on relaxing thoughts;  and I’m good at pondering.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....