Frisky wind .....

7th December 2017 (Thursday) .... 09.30    Mmmmmm .... it’s ‘bright
Elie Bay around sunrise time.
and breezy’ this morning, and is forecast to be much the same for the next couple of days;   with the addition of a snow showers in some places .... but not ‘The Royal Burgh’.      This ‘Boy’ has had his share of fresh air this morning;    there’s a frisky wind on the beach, but I managed to make my way along to the Cockstail Rocks, where I got some shelter.    It will be F7 – 8 just now but should start to moderate soon... down to F5-6.    It’s a day for writing Christmas cards.... with time out to go for a coffee break at 10.00.


20.00     First things first :    “Happy Birthday” to  Myra, who is one year older than she was last year.   Myra looks younger than ever..... which Jim (doting husband) takes credit for.     Er .... if only Jim had remembered  it was Myra’s birthday!     The
Elie this afternoon.
consensus of opinion was that husbands are naturally forgetful, but should not be so when it comes to important dates ....i.e. especially a doting wife’s birthday!     We all enjoyed birthday cake at the ‘Drop in Cafe’;   very tasty it was too!

 It has been windy all day... as in F7-8 most of the time, though it did moderate (F6) later in the afternoon.    The temperature has dropped  considerably.... at the moment the actual temperature is 2c, but, taking the wind chill into account it feels like -3.    (Fife Weather site).     Ivy Cottage hatches are battened down, the central heating turned up and I am feeling rather cosy .... sitting in front of the computer with a cuppa.
I’ve had a reasonably busy day... but I didn’t go for a walk over to West Bay;  it was a
Wintry shower  clouds around.
tad too windy, and I had already gotten into the Christmas card writing/posting  mode, which continued after lunch.     I did go to Harbour House, for morning coffee, with Myra and Jim , .... which is where I found out it was Myra’s birthday.
  

It was wild, and cold down, at the harbour so I grabbed a couple of photos, (from sheltered locations), and was very quickly back in the car.    I’d been along to the PO in Anstruther in the afternoon too;   and, I did not venture out onto either of the piers!    This cold weather is forecast to continue for a week or so ..... with snow being mentioned, as a threat, for the next two days;    not for us I hope.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....