'JB' off to Somerset at 05.30 .......

15th December 2017 (Friday) .... 07.30    As planned ‘JB’ set off for Somerset (via Dalgety Bay to pick up ‘Mum’) 05.30;   at that time it was wet (it had
Sunrise from Lundar Law ... September 2005.
been raining/sleet) but not windy and cold.    It is now dry but windy and cold;   I know this because I have been out hanging a washing on the line.... and my hands are cold.     05.00 was an early start, even for me, at this time of year  so I’ll be in need of a ‘power nap’ very shortly.    There’s another washing going through the machine, as I type;  I’m anticipating a good drying day.  



16.30     It has been a good ‘drying day’ but too short (as they are at this time of year on our side of Mother Earth) to actually dry the washing completely;  however I am well pleased with today’s efforts.    I haven’t been out for a walk at all today, but did take time out to have coffee in the Harbour House with the ‘Team’... i.e. Myra, Geoff, and Jim.    Mind you I wasn’t able to add much to the conversation;  my early morning’s efforts were beginning to catch up.    ‘Today’s efforts’, as mentioned above,  was all the bed linen etc, and towels being put through the washing machine and hung out to .... er ... ‘nearly’ dry:   and making up the beds.   I feel weak after typing that (I felt weaker after doing it!)     After a good ‘50’, sometimes called ‘power nap’, just  after lunch, I woke up feeling refreshed, but it will be an early night for this boy tonight.    All the Christmas cards have been addressed and will be posted or delivered
Sunset time beach.
by hand tomorrow.... that is tomorrow’s ‘plan’.


21.00     We have a touch of light air frost tonight (I’ve been out to the bucket);  a nice evening.    I have no intention of going for a daunder at this time, but it is a good evening for doing that.    I’m going to sort my Christmas cards into bundles for posting Royal Mail, Rotary post, hand delivery etc. ready for tomorrow.    I want all the Christmas cards away by tomorrow night:  it will be a day of action.... with a break for Coffee at Harbour House.

Our weather is forecast to be much the same as it was today... bright and sunny for a few hours in the middle part of the daylight hours.    It will be a good day for delivering Christmas cards!


I saw on the News that it is not a good idea to introduce young children to alcohol at
Kinneuchar at sunrise time ..... October 2005.
an early age (I didn’t realise that some people thought it was) because doing so does not lead to sensible drinking habits.     A related topic, also on the News:   the NHS expect tonight to be the busiest night, of the Christmas Party season, with alcohol related A & E admissions;  70%  of  which will be alcohol fuelled.    Pathetic statistic that!     Go to any City/Town Centre at 05.00 and you will see the evidence being cleared up at the taxpayer’s expense.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....