-4c

10th December 2017 (Sunday) .... 07.30    we have -4c in Ivy garden this morning... I had a quick look at the thermometer when I was out feeding ‘Blob’. 
Bonnie frosty morning.
   The car is thick with rime, but I’m not going out in it until later in the morning.... even then I may have to scrape the windscreen;   the forecast is ‘sunny and cold, with the temperature staying  around freezing point all day.    Sunrise isn’t until 08.34 so I’ll go to the beach at 08.00;  there’s very little wind so,  thankfully, no wind chill.


10.00     It’s a brilliant morning for walking;  yes it’s -2c but, with there being very little wind, it actually feels warmer than it has done for the past week.    I’ve had a walk up to Chapel Green, and pottered around the rocks for a wee while.   Clouds on the horizon meant that I didn’t see the sun rise;   but it has appeared above the clouds, and we  now have a bonnie sunny day.

Sunrise time from Chapel Green.
20.00    The temperature was above freezing for a  wee while, but not long enough to dry the washing I hung out;   it froze and it is now hanging in ‘The Hutte’ .... where I’ll leave it until it dries.
I’ve had a busy enough day;  mostly pottering around Ivy.     Due to the bad weather, ‘JB’ has put off travelling until tomorrow morning;  by then the worst of the weather will have moved over towards the Continent.    It will be frosty tomorrow morning, and there could be problems with ice, so he will have to take it easy until the frost lifts.   Here, in Fife, we  are going to have another cold day, but it should be a wee bit warmer, in the sun, around midday .... and there’s nae wind.... welllll...  nothing to have us worrying aboot wind chill.

My main ‘plan’ for tomorrow is to be up at Myra and Jim’s for coffee, and chat,  at
The Ferry beach 
10.00.    John (JB) won’t arrive at Ivy until later in the afternoon.   Tomorrow afternoon I might bake the scones that I was threatening to bake today.... we can then have a cuppa, with a fresh scone, as soon as ‘JB’ arrives.

Today has been 100% sneeze free so I am not coming down with a cold!    I’ve actually felt quite frolicsome today... in spite of the cold weather.   That said, I only had one walk today.... but I have been ooverin’ and dustin’, and that count as exercise.    It’s hard work being a house er person;  when Maggie was around housework just happened.    I now know how it ‘happened’!    Maggie pampered me.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....