It is not a pretty morning ....

14th December 2017 (Thursday)  .... 10.00    It was bleak when I was down on the beach earlier this morning, and, ....  it wasn’t raining;   it’s now raining
Early afternoon ..... 'JB' on Sea Tangle road.
and even bleaker looking;  not a nice morning for floundering around outside.     To cheer myself up I took some glass along to the recycling place at Woodhaven;   I sneezed a couple of times;  I hope this is not man-flu ‘things’
reconnoitering for someplace to bed down.    I left the recycling place with much the same feeling as when I reached it;   not overly excited by today’s weather so far.      On a brighter note;  it is going to be ‘bright and sunny’ tomorrow.... and we might even have a sunny spell this afternoon. 


   22.30      The weather eventually improved, and  John (‘JB’) and me had a walk up to Chapel Green;  where we got ‘instructions’ from ‘the Boss’ before bumbling down to the beach.   It was a lovely afternoon, and a good few people were out enjoying the intermittent sunshine.

I had the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon, a nice break among friends that I look
Quiet afternoon.
forward to every week.    Christmas cards were exchanged;   and we had a piece of Isobel's'(Lady Cater) Birthday cake with our tea.... a really pleasant hour and a half.      By the time i left the wee hall the temperature had dropped dramatically and there was rawness to the air.    I came home via Balbuthie Loan and Kilconquhar.
Jenny, John’s Mum, came along in the late afternoon and treated ‘JB’ and me, to food in the ‘Ship Inn’;  now there is a place that you have to go for a meal out:  it’s like some of the eating places down in the Sussex .... it, the ‘Ship Inn’  has to be on the ‘bucket list’.    We had the Bar menu... which had a good choice to suit all appetites.    Definitely to be recommended.

‘JB’ and Jenny are driving down to Somerset tomorrow;  they’re having an early
Lovely sky over Chapel Green.
start.   ‘JB’ is setting off for Dalgety Bay (where Jenny is staying) at 05.45 – ish.     He’s getting ‘up’ before Wallace and Gromit;  they fire orf at 05.30.   It will be an early start for this ‘boy’ too, but I am used to being ‘up’ early;  I will need ‘50’ by the middle of the day though!

The forecast is good for tomorrow so I intend doing a washing;   I don’t think it’s going to be a good drying day’ .... they are few, and far between, at this time of year. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....