Christmas cards .....

16th December 2017 (Saturday) .... 19.30   I have had a busy day, and it’s only now that I realised that I hadn’t done the Hutte;   I’m truly sorry about that. 
Sunrise .....
  It’s the ‘naughty step’ for this boy.... if there were steps in Ivy.... but there isn’t, so I get away with it.
   
We had a touch of frost first thing, not hard, but hard enough to make me feel  cold when I was down on the beach at sunrise;   however it was well worth putting up with the cold air, because we had one of those ‘red sky in the morning etc.’ sunrises.      The sky did cloud over for a while but we didn’t get any rain/snow;    by afternoon we had  ‘bright and sunny’, which ended up with a bonnie sunset.... according to the ‘red sky at night etc.’  we should have a bonnie day tomorrow, .... but the weather forecasters say it’s going  to be wet tomorrow morning.... with sunny spells in the afternoon.

My Christmas cards have been posted;  Royal Mail and Rotary.... and some of the local ones delivered by hand.    I took the car up to Arncroach to deliver Brian and Moira’s card...and caught up with all the ‘Croch’ News.   I met Edna Brydie (Miles) when up there;   I haven’t seen Edna for years.    She worked, as a waitress, at the Craw’s Nest.     It was sunset time when I left Arncroach, and I was able to get a sunset shot from the Arncroach road.      I had intended going into Colinsburgh to do Derek and Eileen’s cards, but, inadvertently, turned left instead of right, and ended up in Kinneuchar.    I’ll do the last of the local cards tomorrow morning.... because I am shattered tonight;   I need an early night in bed with my book.    I’m slowly finding out
..... Sunset.
that I can’t do all the things I used to do ‘nae bother’.    Having said that I have been ‘on the go’, more or less, all day.    I did have a break in Harbour House for morning coffee, and had two cuppas when out delivering cards in the afternoon;  but I didn’t have ‘50’ .... and that’s what I’m thinking is a necessity when growing older.

I have an ironing that I’ll do before bedtime....  I’ll catch up with the international News at the same time. 
  

Tomorrow I ‘plan’ to completely finish off the Christmas cards;   including going to Leven with Janet’s etc.   I travel south, to Sussex, on Wednesday so all the loose ends have to be tied up by then.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....