Overcast but dry ......

23rd December 2017(Saturday) .... 10.00     Mmmmmm .... another overcast morning, but not quite so heavy as yesterday .... we might have a few ‘brighter spells’ later.   I’ll go out for a walk .... only down town, but I may take a different route to get there.   Uckfield is like Colinsburgh... er .... a road with shops at either side;  except that Uckfield High Street is longer, steeper, and has a lot more in the way of shops and Cafe’s. 


14.30     I’ve been thinking.... yes I do that, okay not often, but I do it now and again:   anyway I’ve been thinking about Christmas being the “Season of loving and Goodwill”.      Why does it have to be seasonal?     There’s nothing seasonal about me;   I love my ‘girlfriends’ all the year round.... in fact I love all my friends all the year round.    I couldn’t live happily if love was seasonal!


Yesterday, when I was ‘downtown’ I bought the Christmas copy of The Big Issue from
Elie sunrise .... by my Top Secret roving reporter!     
a  seller at the bottom of Uckfield High Street.   I’ve seen her before, and, if she is the same lassie, she’s been selling on that pitch for a few years.   Now I’m from ‘the sticks’... well not really .... I’m more a beach person, and there’s a lack of ‘sticks’ where I live;  but it’s lovely, quiet place to live, and Big Issue sellers don’t have pitches in ‘quiet places’ .... not enough customers;  so I don’t often see a Big Issue seller .... not since ‘Rab’ moved away from his pitch at Anstruther Co-op i.e.    Anyway this was the ‘Christmas Issue’, and I was going to wish the lassie a “Happy Christmas” but, she was coloured (? no offence meant), and I thought I might offend her.   However she solved this ‘problem’ very easily, .... by wishing me a ‘Happy Christmas’, .... I immediately wished her a “Happy Christmas” too.   I had jumped to the conclusion that she must be Muslim .... but, even if we were of different religions, (we might both be Christians), ..... but even if we were of different religions, we both meant that the other should have a “Happy Christmas”.    I hope that all makes sense!    I’m now going to make a cuppa, read the ‘Big Issue’.


20.30      I’ve had a very restful day... oh I did go for a turn ‘roond the block’ (nae Chapel Green) which got me some exercise, but mostly it has been a day for catching up with computer stuff.... and ... wellll resting.

‘JB’ has gone shopping, to buy the ingredients to make vegan ‘cookies’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....