Hmmmm .... wet and windy

13th December 2017 (Wednesday) .... 09.00      Oh my word .... it is not a pretty morning;  it’s wet and windy,  and certainly not frosty;  that said the gritter has just gone through so they must be expecting frost later.   That means the rain is going
'JB' .... and it was cold.
to clear away and we might have sunny spells in the afternoon.     I’m glad that John and I went to Edinburgh yesterday.... and, that we have the Friendship Lunch today.

I have an engineer coming to install Smart Meters later this afternoon;  I decided to go for them because I’m always out when the meter reader comes round.    I enjoyed talking to the meter reader the rare times I met him.   I don’t know if Smart Meters are a great idea.... doing away with the meter readers, so that their wages go into investors pockets is basically what it’s all about.   If the money, they (he suppliers) eventually save, was going back to the customer via cheaper electricity/gas it would be good.    But that is not how it (capitalism I guess) works.    Jings.... it’s hard to believe that I was looking forward to my Smart Meters at one point!   Anyway I’m ready for the engineer coming... though he/she had better not interfere with ‘dinner’, by cutting the
Late afternoon.
gas/electricity orf.    Perhaps ‘JB’ and I should have fish suppers!



22.30     The Friendship Lunch was absolutely marvellous;  we enjoyed a steak pie, with trimmings, followed by fruit salad and cream, then coffee/tea and Christmas cake ... love – lee!     The Christmas ‘party’ atmosphere continued with Billy reciting a Christmas poem, after which we sang carols... a really auld fashioned Christmas lunch.   I know that I’m being repetitive here;   how often have I said that we live in a lovely corner of Mother Earth?    Umpteen times!     Well I’ll say it yet again .... “we do live in a wonderful and lovely corner of Mother Earth”,.... but I would like to add that we are also blessed with a lot of lovely people who live here.      We do love and appreciate, ‘ our girls’,(and ‘our boys’) who do so much for the local community, and Trinity Church.     I will finish with an especial “Thank You” to the ‘girls’, who made today’s lunch such a happy experience.  Xx. 

The engineer came to fit the Smart Meters, but couldn’t;  the mobile phone signal isn’t
Hmmmmmm ..... ?
strong enough.    If they had asked me about the phone signal when I booked the meters I could have told them you can’t get a signal inside Ivy, unless you’re standing at a window;   the old stone walls are too thick.    The engineer said that they are having this problem all over the East Neuk, but they still have to fit the smart electric meter, and test it, even if their test instruments tell them that the signal won’t be strong enough.    I was impressed with the engineer;   he had been in the RAF and was interesting to talk too.... and went about his job in  happy manner, even when he knew that the Smart Meter, was going to have to be taken off again.    It made for an interesting hour though.


Tomorrow’s weather is not promising;  windy and cold, with the chance of showers/rain now and again.     ‘JB’ and I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow as yet, but I’m sure something will come up... depending on the weather.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....