Summer temperature .... 14c

30th December 2017 (Saturday) .... 11.00    Jings ... it feels like summer in Sunny Sussex this morning, although we do have plenty clouds scuttling over.    It’s
The bottom of 'Tower Ride'.
actually a perfect ‘drying day’..... with a nice breeze and a temperature of 14c.   My ‘plan’ was to stay in and shake orf the cold, but if the weather stays like this I’ll have a walk ‘roond the block’ in the afternoon.



20.00     I went out before lunch, stopped at Ray’s the Barber’s, and had my hair cut by a bloke who had been at Merchiston in the 1980’s, went to Australia where he trained and worked as a technician, and is now back in the UK cutting hair.    I’m not sure if having my hair cut was the best idea I’ve had;   my heid is cauld now.    The original intention was to leave the hair cutting until next week.
From the barber’s I bumbled my way down to Superdrug, at the bottom of the town, to buy toothpaste.    This is the second time I’ve been down to the river, and back up the hill, in 24 hours.    Today I stopped at ‘The Centre’ and had a bowl of soup, lemon cheesecake, and a cuppa.   Twelve months ago I was struggling with ‘the hill’, that is Uckfield High Street .... this time I’m coping.... I wouldn’t say ‘nae bother’;  but it (Uckfield High Street) doesn’t seem as steep as it was last year!

The former Post Office building.
Last night we went down to the Station Hotel,  the hotel situated next to the old railway station.    Inside I noticed that there was rough, industrial type brickwork, and I couldn’t understand why it should thus, be inside the hotel.    After much thinking I have reached the conclusion that the brickwork was once covered with plaster.   The Station Hotel was badly damaged by flooding in 2000 and the wet plaster removed leaving the brickwork exposed, and now a feature’.   However, I’ll ask Derek, a lifelong resident of Uckfield;  who will know exactly what happened.    The brickwork when originally built was done knowing that it would be covered with plaster.... it isn’t neat, finished brickwork.

From the Station we walked up the High Street to the Bay of Bengal Restaurant for
Uckfield High Street.
food.    I really enjoy Indian food now;   I had Chicken Korma, but, next time I might be more adventurous;  having sampled what some of the others in the company were having.


We’ve had a nice day here ....not ‘Sunny all the time Sussex’ but we had our share of the sunny spells that were going;  and it has been mild.   We are forecast to get some rain later tonight, which might have cleared away by tomorrow morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....