Flap on .....

17th December 2017 (Sunday) .... 16.00     Hmmmm ... we’ve had a good mix of weather today;   rain at first, then brighter with sunny spells, they were
JB and Mum (Jenny) in the Ship Inn.
followed by a spell of drizzle, then we had a nice late afternoon evening.    The temperature was all over the place too;    6c at one point in Ivy garden, but it is now 3c.... but I don’t think we’ll have much frost: Tomorrow is forecast, to be warmer than today.    You will have surmised that I have been ‘flappin around like a heidless chicken’ again;   well maybe not quite, but I was busy all morning, and only took time off to go along to the Kirk Hall to see the Christmas trees;  it was 13.30 by the time I did that.

All my Christmas cards have been delivered (I think) .... some twice because I forgot to ‘tick’ the list the first time I wrote a card.     The doubles have been handed out too!    The Fiesta is ready to go to Fiesta heaven tomorrow morning;   after which all I have to do is get myself ready for Wednesday morning;  the taxi is booked for 08.45.    I’ll
The River Leven ... at Leven where it enters the Firth of Forth.
most likely be flappin’ aboot tomorrow morning;  the ‘plan’ is to have Tuesday as a ‘flap free’ day.    I wish!



20.00    This is ‘our’ first Christmas Tree Festival in Elie and I didn’t really know what to expect;  but was pleasantly surprised.    The ‘Christmas Tree’ has come a long way since the pagans first took branches of evergreen trees into their dwellings(?) to remind them the Spring was ‘just round the corner’.    It is thought that our (Christian) version of the Christmas Tree originated in Germany in the 16th century;  though our modern trees have the advantage of modern technology when it comes to decorating with lights etc.    Sitting, surrounded by variously decorated Christmas Trees, along with coffee/teas, mince pies, and with plenty folks to chat with, was a good way to get into the Christmas mood.


I began today with a quick trip out delivering Christmas cards, which included Leven.    When in Leven I went to Sainsbury’s for a cuppa.... and to buy milk and a few
The 'Trinity' Christmas Tree.
bits and pieces.    On the way home I went to Derek and Eileen’s in Colinsburgh so most of the Christmas cards have been done.    The intention is to be ‘up’ early tomorrow and get the Fiesta along to Kirkcaldy.    It’s a bonnie looking car, and a lovely car to drive, but the bodywork needs stuff done to it.    Jim and Myra are to be in Kirkcaldy sometime tomorrow afternoon, but, I suspect that I will be back home by then.    I should sleep well tomorrow night.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....