Kirkcaldy mission ....

18th December 2017 (Monday)    07.00   .... we have a touch of early morning frost, with rime on the car windscreen;     it looks like being a bonnie day.
Elie beach this morning.
   This is good, because it’ a fair walk from Henry Gray’s down to Kirkcaldy Bus Station:   having said that I’ll stop at ‘Rejects’ for a cuppa, which is about the half way mark.
  The ‘plan’ is to take Jimmy’s car up to Elie when I go for the paper, and leave it there;   that way I’ll have a car to jump into when I get orf the bus on the way home from Kirkcaldy.    Must ‘go’,  ever so slight flap on.... even though I got up an hour earlier than I thought it was.    When I looked at the clock I thought it was 06.30;  after a shower I found out it had been 05.30.   

 20.00    Today has been full of surprises for this boy... not least of which was the fact that it is 6.1 kilometers (3.8 miles)miles , from Noble’s Motor Recycling Complex to the Bust Station;   no wonder my wee legs felt tired.    In a straight line it would be no more than two miles, but the streets are all over the place:   after I’d walked the first kilometre I was only about 400 metres from the Main Entrance to Noble’s Yard.     To complicate things further, the pavements were icy;   luckily I had a folding walking
One of 'Rejects' shop windows.
stick with me.   I was glad to reach ‘Rejects’ where I stopped for a cuppa.

   
One of the other surprises  ... Henry Gray’s ceased trading a few years ago.    When I phoned ‘Henry Gray’s this morning I ended up talking to a scrap merchant in Bellshill ... near Glasgow.     Having scrapped ‘Sooper Buggy’ six months ago I suddenly remembered that it was Nobles Motor Recycling Complex that I was looking for.
  
 Scrapping the car was a dawdle .... getting down to the Bus Station wasn’t. 
When I reached the Bus Station it was to find that I’d missed the X60 for Elie by five minutes;  had I not gone into Waterstone’s to buy a book to read on the train, I’d have been home in Elie one hour earlier.    As it was I had time for another cuppa, in the Bus Station Cafe:  eventually arriving in Elie at around 14.00.

The DVLA paper work has been posted, and the insurance for the Fiesta cancelled:  I
A touch of 'New York' in Kirkcaldy.
am now ready for my holiday in Sussex.    Tomorrow I intend taking it easy... though I do have to go to Anstruther to post a Christmas card, .... and take the car up to Brian and Moira’s in Arncroach for its ‘holiday’s’.

Our weather is forecast to be cloudy, breezy and feeling warmer tomorrow  .... with the chance of a few bright spells later.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....