Not as cold as yesterday .....

11th December 2017 (Monday) .... 09.30    The temperature in Ivy garden is -1 so not as hard as it was yesterday.    I’ve had a walk out to West Bay,
Midday sky.
Chapel Green and the beach.   It was cold, but once the sun got above the clouds on the horizon, I could feel it warm on my face, and it, the sun, (not my face) added a rosy glow to the bents.    It looks like being a nice day, but there are more clouds about, so we’ll be having sunny spells rather than prolonged sunshine.


20.00    This has been a nice, busy kind o’ day.    I had coffee, and chat, in the morning with Myra, Jim and Geoff.    From there I went to No 10 and warmed up Jimmy’s car;   it started nae bother, even after a cauld spell.    From there I went up to the garage at Colinsburgh to put fuel in the car (Fiesta).    By the time I was back in Ivy it was lunch time.

Largo Law from the  Balbuthie road near Kilconquhar.
‘JB’ left Sussex later than he intended because of the inclement weather:  they have had a lot of overnight snow, so leaving early was not a good idea.    He eventually left Sussex at 10.00, and should arrive soon:  he phoned from Carlisle about 17.00.    I have food ready, but I’m wondering if ‘food’ (mince and tautties) might be too heavy at this time of night.    I have other ‘frozen ready meals’ as an emergency, so at least there are different choices.    After ‘JB’ has eaten I’m sure we’ll have time for a wee ‘nightcap’ before bed.

Nae ‘plans for tomorrow, though I got the letter from the DVLA to say that Jimmy’s car is now in my name, so I’ll insure, and tax it, tomorrow morning.   Trust me to fill up the Fiesta with fuel;  oh well we’ll run it till there’s just enough to get it to Kirkcaldy.   I
The Eastern sky at sunset.
suppose I could sell it because it’s a braw wee runner, but the body work is needing work;  and I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle o’ selling it.     Actually there’s 9 months MOT left on it.


Tomorrow’s weather is forecast to be more or less a repeat of today’s, though rain is mentioned for evening time.    Hmmmm that means it will feel raw in the afternoon.     I’m wondering if I should go for a haircut tomorrow morning?    John will want to sleep late I imagine, after today’s stressful drive.... and I do need a haircut before I travel to Sussex next week.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....