Wet and windy ......

31st December 2017 (Sunday) ...... 10.30    Mmmm, ....  not a bonnie Sussex morning .... we have wind and rain;   however it is forecast to clear away by
Michael and John in the kitchen preparing stovie ingredients.
lunch time.   Not much planned for today, but I will go for a walk in the afternoon.


20.00    Jings it’s been a wet and windy day... more or less all day;   but not as windy as in The Royal Burgh.    We had something like F6 in Sussex..... the Fife Weather Station (Lochgelly) had a gust of 55 mph  (F10).    There must have been some bonnie waves crashing over Elie Harbour wall at High Tide!     Lucky for me that Stewart .... got some photos of the waves rolling into Woodhaven Bay;  very windy indeed.... not an afternoon to walk the East Links.    Elie photos are courtesy of Stewart (Barclay) er ....now Former Top Secret Roving Reporter (hereafter FTSRR).... while I am down in ‘Sunny Sussex’.

I haven’t been out of the house today.... though the rain did stop for a while.    By the time I contemplated going out it had restarted so I gave up that ‘plan’ altogether, and researched old maps of Uckfield.

The table lamps change colour, thus creating a different atmosphere every 20 seconds.
We have been watching the New Year being ‘brought in’ at different locations;   so far Sydney Harbour has been  the most impressive, with 8 tons of fireworks producing 100,000.... welll .... bangs and effects etc, costing A$7,000,000;  this seems expensive but most of the folk crammed into the harbour area were foreign tourists, and Sydney would make much profit out of its 12 minute extravaganza:   having ‘seen in’ the New Year I suppose I can go to bed now.

The smell of good old fashioned ‘stovies’ is beginning to attract “Puku’s” attention;   this good, as I am very partial to stovies as made by Michael, aided by Janice and John.    My contribution? .... staying oot o’ the kitchen.    I help with the dish washing.

I’ll finished this ‘update’ by wishing everyone a “Happy New Year” .... I hope that 2018 is a year of Love, Health, Peace and Prosperity throughout;  with an abundance
of love and understanding if we do have to experience sadness.    The beginning of a new Year is always a time for reflection;  it’s a time to think of loved ones who are no longer with us, and give thanks for all the friends that surround us.   Happy memories, and lots of love to you all;  enjoy seeing in the new Year. xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....