Amazing sky .....

6th December 2017 (Wednesday) ... 09.30    My word .... we had a cracker of  a sunrise sky this morning, albeit of the “Red sky in the morning” kind .....
..... it was like being in a dream!
not a good omen.      There is a strong wind already, but stronger winds are forecast for tomorrow:  a ‘batten the hatches down’ day tomorrow  by all accounts.    Anyway, forget all that;   watching the sky change was brilliant, and it wasn’t too cold, even though it’s windy.    I’m a happy ‘bunny’.... now I need to have breakfast!



19.30     Welllll .... we have had a ‘mostly grey and breezy’ day but at least we only had a few spits and spots of rain.    I’ve had  fairly busy day.   After breakfast I joined Myra, Jim and Geoff for coffee at Harbour House;   and got the papers.    That reminds me I have yet to open them.    I also put up the strings that I hang my Christmas cards on because cards are beginning to appear in the post now.

Elie harbour in the afternoon.
With the weather being a bit on the iffy side I took the car to the harbour in the afternoon;  but first I went to Harbour House because a Christmas decoration I bought wasn’t working;  it errr .... the battery had to be inserted.    I had a cappuccino, and a piece of gingerbread, to celebrate this.     The decoration is now working perfectly!    Oh ... I forgot to mention it came with the battery... all I had to do was fit it.

Once again I walked across to West Bay in the late afternoon... walking into a stiff breeze, but it wasn’t cold.     I can do this now, four months ago I’d have been struggling.    I could see that it was raining towards the West of Fife, but we were fine... albeit overcast.    Grey days aren’t very heartening, though they can have some
The Toft... this afternoon.
interesting clouds... especially if there’s a wind.   The problem being that you have to find either, a sheltered spot or a place to lean on, from which to take the photos.
Tomorrow is forecast to be windy;  in point of fact, there’s a ‘Yellow’ warning for gale force winds, so it’s not going to be ‘windy’, it’s going to be ‘very windy’, ... but rain isn’t mentioned. 
  

We have the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon... I must remember to take a teaspoon along for the Christmas tree.      There’s an exhibition of Christmas trees, by different groups in the villages, in the Kirk Hall... I’m not sure if it’s this weekend or next.    I’d better find out .... there’ s  sure to be coffee going.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....