Yesssss .... we have a 'Sunny Sussex' morning .....

28th December 2017 (Thursday) .... 10.00    We have a perfect ‘Sunny Sussex’ morning .... frosty with rime, and a wall to wall blue sky.  It’s a lovely morning
Janice and Michael  .... 'Blackboys Inn'.
for a walk, but the pavements are icy, and will be so for a wee while yet.    The sun is beginning to shift the rime, and, if it’s still ‘wall to wall’ blue sky at midday we’ll be wearing shorts.     In fact we have the same kind of morning that you have in ‘The Royal Burgh’(I’ve checked the Fife Weather cameras) .... but we don’t have a beach to bumble along.

My cold is beginning to break and I’m beginning to feel better.    I should stay in and keep warm today in an effort to shift it quickly.....but, I must admit the temptation to go out is very strong.

22.30     We have been watching ‘Endeavour’ on the tele, hence the late update.
I did go out ... eventually .... but not walking;  Janice Michael and I went to the ‘Blackboys Inn’ for lunch.     It was busy, as all the eating out places at this time of year.    The southeast is spoiled for choice when it comes to eating out.... and ‘The Blackboys’ is just one of many countryside restaurants around this area of Sussex.   
Refreshments.
Anyway we ate two thirds of the Fiesta....  not that actual car, but two thirds of the money I got for it.    It was a lovely, (the ‘Troops’ had three courses I had two), lunch.... I had liver and bacon, followed by Christmas Pudding;   ‘Puku’ is enjoying Sussex!    Oh, and we had liquid refreshments;  I had a half pint of beer.

The frost we had never lifted where the sun didn’t hit .... so although it’s been a beautiful day, much like you’ve had in The Royal Burgh, it has been cold.   Actually, when we left The Blackboys’, the cold air
'The Blackboys
brought on a fit of coughing.     Having said that, the cold has broken, and I should feel fit enough to go ‘downtown’ tomorrow, but I won’t bother with a haircut until after the New Year, by which time I should be free of the cold.   The fact that I had a ‘Janice Toddie’ about half an hour ago will hasten it’s (the cold) demise!


Our weather is forecast to get much warmer from tomorrow, though tonight should be cold.    We shouldn’t  see any snow, which is forecast for the Midlands .... and even ‘The Royal Burgh’ by the look of the weather map!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....